mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Looking for input on Tib8 holsters

So I picked up another tiberius, I need to keep reminding myself to keep this one, everytime I sell mine I always regret it, it's been that way for the last 3 I've owned

I'm going to be using it strictly for woodsball games so I don't have to worry about scratching my expensive guns, I had used this setup in the past to play:

And I LOVED it. But for my new setup I'm going to be doing everything in Multicam Using the Full clip Rack/rig setup:

So I'm wanting a multicam holster to match. I really loved the NXE holster that I used on my original setup because there were no retaining straps but it NEVER slipped out of the holster even doing superman dives. Downside is NXE only made them in black or green camo... So I'm looking for some options.

Here are my thoughts so far:

Option 1-
Get the NXE harness and purchase some MC material to cover it with.
Pros: Lowest cost option, same feel that I have used and love.
Cons: Trying to figure out how to attach it (holster is thick, not sure my machine can sew it), more work for me, won't look very "clean"

Option 2-
Get a CQB tactical holster, the only one I've found is right hand draw though.
Pros: love the size, love the retention, easily painted either tan or MC if I decide to go wild and crazy.
Cons: Right hand only (?) (need a left), not really a biggie but haven't found many stores selling and none in the US, cost, never used, worried about bouncing.

Option 3-
Skunk's Kydex holster
Pros: Excellent retention, very flexible for mounting, easily painted or covered in MC, supporting a small businessman
Cons: Large size, cost, never used.

So that's what I've got so far, but I'd be willing to look at other options. Like I said the big requirements are high retention without dealing with straps, Multicam would be great, and I need something that will hold a Tib8 with a TRG tip.

Advice/Input/Snide remarks would be greatly appreciated.
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Full Clip actually makes a MOLLE holster for the Tibby pistol.
FC T8 holster
If I still had a T8 I'd be running one on my Rack/Rig.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Anyone have any real world use with the full clip holster? Would like reviews on it's retention without the straps, and if a Tib8 with TRG tip will fit... It kindof looks like a more streamlined version of the old specops holster. I did not have very good luck with that one, it was very floppy.

And can't wear it on the front, I crawl on my belly too much for me to have anything there. The reason I picked up the rack/rig was because it had just enough back panel to let me mount what I wanted, and the front will work to protect my belly/chest as I'm crawling around our rocky field.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

I recently switched to the Full Clip belt/molle Holsters from the Tiberius drop legs for my dual setup. The drop legs made it effortless to re-holster one for reloads, but the leg straps got in the way with training.

While I love them, I don't think they are what you are after. You can pull from the holsters with near zero effort. In your setup the retention bungee would be necessary.

I've also got a similar NXE setup for when I want to run single pistol with a very light load. I just use the valken molle mag pouches instead of the tiberius ones. They hold the mags nearly as tight as the tib mag pouches. So they don't bounce around. But there's also a velcro strap for extra confidence that you won't loose them. The NXe holster works very well for it. I can't imagine trying to fight with retention straps from a rear pull.

Personally, I think your best bet would likely be the NXe holster. I understand the desire for a matching setup ... but it seems like you are going to spend quite a bit more time, money, and effort trying to match the exact functionality of the NXe that you already like.

I've been having the same problems you've been trying to get one of the CQB holsters. Do I need it? Probably not. Do I want badly to try it out? Yes.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I actually really like the BT universal holster as you can customize the fitment to your heart's content and that comes in a coyote-ish tan that works well with multicam. I have several different types of pistols and use these because I can re-shape them to fit anything I want to use with them- SA17, Zeus, T8, and keep them all snug.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
I recently switched to the Full Clip belt/molle Holsters from the Tiberius drop legs for my dual setup. The drop legs made it effortless to re-holster one for reloads, but the leg straps got in the way with training.

While I love them, I don't think they are what you are after. You can pull from the holsters with near zero effort. In your setup the retention bungee would be necessary.

I've also got a similar NXE setup for when I want to run single pistol with a very light load. I just use the valken molle mag pouches instead of the tiberius ones. They hold the mags nearly as tight as the tib mag pouches. So they don't bounce around. But there's also a velcro strap for extra confidence that you won't loose them. The NXe holster works very well for it. I can't imagine trying to fight with retention straps from a rear pull.

Personally, I think your best bet would likely be the NXe holster. I understand the desire for a matching setup ... but it seems like you are going to spend quite a bit more time, money, and effort trying to match the exact functionality of the NXe that you already like.

I've been having the same problems you've been trying to get one of the CQB holsters. Do I need it? Probably not. Do I want badly to try it out? Yes.
Dude, thanks for the heads-up on those valken mag holders, those are awesome! Do you have them in the Vcam? if so does it blend well with multicam?

And after searching I'm pretty sure I will... it worked great for me before and it can't be THAT hard finding an alternative to sewing to attach multicam to make it look pretty. Maybe just soak it in super glue then wrap it

If I could find a CQB holster in a left hand draw I would get it in a heartbeat just to try it... really gorgeous. Kinda off topic but while I was looking I also found the prototype for UMS's quick draw holster, that would have been cool as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I actually really like the BT universal holster as you can customize the fitment to your heart's content and that comes in a coyote-ish tan that works well with multicam. I have several different types of pistols and use these because I can re-shape them to fit anything I want to use with them- SA17, Zeus, T8, and keep them all snug.
No option for a left hand draw
Old 07-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate View Post

I think they were refering to this holster from BT....It's totally adjustable and is both right and left hand draw just by adjusting the velcro accordingly

This is the only pistol I could find that fits my K-framed PGP in it....The majority of the holsters out there wouldn't work because of my KT Pump handle being as wide as it is

BT Combat Multi Holster - Woodland Digital
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate View Post

See Chaos' post. Maybe I got the name wrong because I know they make another holster that isn't as adjustable, but the one Chaos posted is what I'm talking about and it is BOTH left and right hand draw. It is also made of two pieces with velcro backing which can be split apart and form-wrapped around whatever gun you want to use it with for the best possible fit. Even the thumb-break retention strap is completely movable to your preference (and it's a button snap break too which I love, they give the fastest draw IMO). I rarely rave about soft gear products (especially anything from KEE as I've had terrible customer service interactions with them) but this holster is hands down the best overall piece of kit I've ever picked up for my pistol rig.

The kydex CQB had a great draw and adjustable retention, but it still left a hard target for paint to break off of and it doesn't compress when you slam into a bunker or something. Probably not a problem for you rig where you where it on your back but I run one on each hip so it's an issue for me. Plus you can get two BT holsters for the cost of one CQB and it's already in a multicam-friendly color.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Ah, got it! Yeah, found the youtube video of Ben Tippmann giving the demo on it- its constructed VERY similar to the NXE model (the sandwiched velcro interior), and it comes in tan, AND it's $3 cheaper on Amazon, I think I found the winner of my holster contest

Thank you guys, I'm glad I asked before pulling the trigger on that NXE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlzA6eHhLI

Last edited by Redbeard the Pirate; 07-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
They are a great holster....my only complaint is they're not available in black
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms