mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
hey guys :D

finally got a T8 this past week.....

figured out how to bore em for freak inserts!
(yup... boring service on T8/T9 will be available shortly)

buttttttt

I got a T8, cant get it to cycle, tore it down, lubed it heavily, cycled once and made a farty sound, now it just leaks from the back

what do i do next?
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
It's dead weight.... taking up your space. Send it to me and I will take it off your hands. no but seriously, sounds like trash in the valve if its dumping air.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

make sure you move the bolt forward when you put it back together! check:
Tiberius Arms Forums - Powered by vBulletin for how to vids and tips! I did the no bolt forward thang...
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Make sure your relief valve is in right and that when you reassemble you push the bolt forward. If that doesn't work I would tear down the reg and clean it. If you listen to the leak, if it is coming from the top center hole it's relief valve. If it's the bottom right hole it's the reg. Hope that helps, and hope glad someone finally figured out how to freak bore theses great guns!
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
If it cycled once then i don't think that it is the bolt in the wrong position, I think that it is the relief valve (the screw in the middle of the back block). Best bet to work this out...put a loaded mag in the gun with the relief valve tightened all the way, and slowly loosen it until you hear a hiss. Then tighten it a little bit and you should be good to go.

If you try everything and you still can't get it to work shoot me a PM and I can sell you my extra T8 internals

(seen here: FS T9 Upper Receiver)

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Sounds to me like the reg might have been turned up too high (or the reg inlet o-ring failed which will cause the reg to overpressurize) and blew the powertube inner o-ring. The P/tube o-ring will be obvious because the bolt will most likely be stuck in place on tube when you remove the back block. If that is blown you need to take apart the reg completely and check the tiny little o-ring that the tip of the reg piston passes through.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Quit shootin' my swoosh.

CCM Fan
Hey guys,

I'm local to Ryan and after a day of play, he asked me to take this T8 and see what I could do (I've owned a leaky T8).

I've gotten the leak to stop, just a missing o-ring. But when the magazine loads into the gun, I hear a fart sound and the gun will fire one very weak shot.

Ideas?

I got as much balls as a roman candle.

Exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
needs time to play

I agree. I recently had come in and it was leaking really bad out of the PRV. it turned out that the internals of the reg were assembled backwards and overpressureing the gun. i say that the problem also lies in the internals of the reg. strip it down and re check the orings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Sounds to me like the reg might have been turned up too high (or the reg inlet o-ring failed which will cause the reg to overpressurize) and blew the powertube inner o-ring. The P/tube o-ring will be obvious because the bolt will most likely be stuck in place on tube when you remove the back block. If that is blown you need to take apart the reg completely and check the tiny little o-ring that the tip of the reg piston passes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Quit shootin' my swoosh.

CCM Fan
Went through and cleaned the entire gun, seemed like the reg just needed some love.

Shooting nice and clean, all is good for the SSC Referee Cheater-Beater

I got as much balls as a roman candle.

Exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
Went through and cleaned the entire gun, seemed like the reg just needed some love.

Shooting nice and clean, all is good for the SSC Referee Cheater-Beater
Awesome..cant wait for this to be available..im so down for at least one barrel like this...if not a couple :-p
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms