mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
T8.1 Barrel Recommendations

I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death - my search skills leave much to be desired. :P

I play pistols-only, mostly using either a splatmaster or Delta.68 but I'm soon to be upgrading to a T8.1. Basically, I'm looking to get the most out of my 8.1, as I spends most of my time in the field up against electros (and folks with very itchy trigger fingers ).

I was wondering if anybody could advise me on a decent barrel to employ as an upgrade (if it even needs one)?
Any other tips for the budding T8 user would also be kindly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Wolf
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
I apologise in advance if this has been asked to death - my search skills leave much to be desired. :P

I play pistols-only, mostly using either a splatmaster or Delta.68 but I'm soon to be upgrading to a T8.1. Basically, I'm looking to get the most out of my 8.1, as I spends most of my time in the field up against electros (and folks with very itchy trigger fingers ).

I was wondering if anybody could advise me on a decent barrel to employ as an upgrade (if it even needs one)?
Any other tips for the budding T8 user would also be kindly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Wolf
I'd reccomend getting it freak bored by Super_Stanchy here on MCB. I've heard nothing but good things about his work, and the freak system.

Miles

Black Chrome T8, CCM S5, Invert Mini I, Invert Mini II, Y-framed Minimag
Feedback.
Author of Useful Resources For Tiberius Owners.
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
^This. Freak boring will help alot. A lapco barrel is not much of an upgrade as the stock barrel is already a very good single bore barrel. Bore it or leave it.

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Ah ok, I had heard that there isn't much difference between the lapco and stock - I'm glad you confirmed that for me (can buy more paint now :P).
I'll have to look into the freak boring.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

One important thing to note is that the stock barrel isn't awful or bad. It not like some markers where without an aftermarket barrel you might as well throw paint bare handed.

I'd suggest using the stock barrel for a bit before you change anything. Jumping into an 8.1 your upgrade $$ is best spent on more magazines early on.
  • For First Strike I find the stock barrels to be plenty consistent and reliable.
  • For regular paint I find them to be pretty nice if your field paint, or paint choice is a good tight fit.

Aftermarket barrel choice are limited to the following right now:

Lapco ... Long a well respected name in paintball and one of the pricier option for a Tiberius aftermarket barrel. Avaialable in 2 bore sizes .690 and .686
Lapco T8.1/T9.1 STR8Shot 9" .686 Barrel w/ Muzzle
Lapco T8.1/T9.1 STR8Shot 9" .690 Barrel w/ Muzzle

Flasc ... Small shop with great personal attention to detail and customer service. Arguable the best mock suppressors available. He's got a wide variety of options for Tiberius barrels. One peice barrels, two piece sizing kits, individual backs. His small batch numbers, good bang for the $$, and popularity among milsim players though makes his gear harder to come by then Lapco. If it's in-stock, buy it, don't hesitate.
Tiberius Arms - Tiberius Barrels - Flasc Paintball!

Super_Stanchy ... Freak bored stock barrels. If you've already got a freak kit, then this will allow you to use that investment on your pistol.
- Send him a PM here on MCB for a quote.

Lapco-Tiberius FSR 14" .683 Rifled barrel ... A joint project First Strike Only rifled barrel. This is a bit long for pistol use but was designed by tiberius and produced by Lapco to be a perfect fit for the first strike rounds.
Tiberius Arms T9.1 FSR 14" Rifled Barrel - 0.683

Milsig ... Still a relative unknown as to the barrel performance in the Tiberius forums I'm a part of... they offer a pistol size rifled barrel. There's not much feedback on how well these work with regular paint yet. But if you are into rifled barrels... this might be worth a shot.
MILSIG MARKSMAN FIRST STRIKE RIFLED BARREL (STANDARD) FOR T8.1/T9.1 *NEW* [BA-016] - $47.45CAD : MILSIG Canada Online Store, The Official MILSIG Paintball Pro Shop

Hammerhead ... Rifled barrels for paintballs. Still TBA. There's been rumor that Hammerhead will be releasing a rifled barrel for Tiberius markers "soon."
hammerheadpaintball.com - Home

Personally, I use:

- Two one piece flasc w/mock suppressors on the two pistols I use for first strike only.
- Two polished stock barrels on the twin pistols I use for paintballs only.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Great advice, and thanks for the details on the various barrels!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore

Kilt Fan
Freak bore all the way. Or all ways use First Strike rounds. also at times FLASC will have a clearance sale.

Contact... Kevin@operatortacticalgear.com
LT. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

great thread as im looking into upgrading from my stock barrel.

I notice when i use larger paint the stock barrel is freaking awesome. However i have to use FPO and that stuff is noticeably smaller.

If lets say i went to a .687 lapco bore would that difference from the stock which i think is .691? make a huge difference?
TEAM FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM FAIL View Post
great thread as im looking into upgrading from my stock barrel.

I notice when i use larger paint the stock barrel is freaking awesome. However i have to use FPO and that stuff is noticeably smaller.

If lets say i went to a .687 lapco bore would that difference from the stock which i think is .691? make a huge difference?
That all depends on the avg size of your field only paint.

I measured the stock 8.1 barrel at a solid .688

Lapco makes a .686:
Lapco T8.1/T9.1 STR8Shot 9" .686 Barrel w/ Muzzle

IMHO - The problem is that .686 is still going to be too big if your field paint is ultra small (i.e. .678). I recommend finding someone else at your field who uses freak or similar bore kits and ask them what sizes they use. If it's near .686 then that sounds like a Lapco is .686 is a good choice for you, if not and it's down in the .670s ... then don't bother spending the $$ on the Lapco. You'll need to wait till Flasc has some of the smaller bore in stock or you'll need to get the barrel freak bored so you can use inserts.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

While the Lapco's and Flascs are well made barrels, I'd much sooner send a stock extended barrel to Stanchy and have him Freak it and trim it to length for me. That way you're never stuck with a bore that's too tight or too loose for the paint you're using no matter where you go. Most regular paint these days is too small to get maximum efficiency out of the bore sizes available from Lapco.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms