mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

TheTeZ Magnetic Trigger Return

VERY EASY AND CHEAP MOD

I have a T8 pistol, pretty old, its had plenty of use. The last time i played the paint was brittle, it was breaking in everyones guns. I had to clean out my pistol when i got home. I did, put it back together and could only fire 1 shot. i had to manually reset the trigger(pull it forwards with my finger) than i could shoot again, After a lot of messing around i realized the trigger return spring would fall into the body (grip) wasnt sure why. I called up Tiberius, after talking to the tech guy, who talked to the production guys we determined it was a cracked Grip, i cant see any cracks, but what ever, its old, it may be... some how. Well either way its not working, long story short, im getting a new grip from them with a new trigger return spring. I figured why not try and make this grip work, ( i really dont like the spring system in this marker)

I Ran to radio shack and picked up a pack of rare earth magnets. (actually 3 just in case) for $2.19 (each)

I attached one to the back of the trigger, and one to the grip with repelling poles facing each other. It was very simple, i scuffed up just a tiny bit where i would be "water repellent loctite super gluing" these magnets on. I did, and it functions very well. No more stupid spring, and all the reliability of (rare earth) magnets, nothing thats going to bend, or move, or fall off and get lost. I cant notice a difference on the trigger pull and its got a very solid trigger return.

Heres shots of the trigger, and grip, ( i realized after i put the thing back together to take pictures, the one on the trigger was a little tough to get a shot of since it sits inside.)

Function Video, you can see how solid the return actually is.
Function Video

~~~ if you really want to increase trigger pull, put a 2nd magnet ontop of the one on the grip. this will increase trigger pull force needed [very minimal yet, a little noticeable] it will also increase the trigger return "snap back" No need to worry about losing the extra magnet, being a rare earth magnet, it wont fall off.
TheTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

I like it! Very neat idea. Check these guys out though, might be able to get a magnet that works even better;

K&J Magnetics - Strong Neodymium Magnets, Rare Earth Magnets

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Oh dude... I love this mod. You have no idea how much I hate that stupid trigger return spring...

Question: how strong is the return compared to the spring?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Oh dude... I love this mod. You have no idea how much I hate that stupid trigger return spring...

Question: how strong is the return compared to the spring?

It seems to be about the same as the spring on both pull and return
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Great Idea! I think I am gonna have to look at my Killjoy triggers and see if i can do something similar.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Oh gawd, I hate the Killjoy in regards to the assembly/teardown process. Now, I do my tear-down a bit differently- I remove the three frame/body screws and leave the trigger/reg assembly in the frame. you just need one of those long T-handled allen keys of the right size.

However, I do like this mod. I'm curious how long the 'water repellent super glue' will hold though. If you run into problems, you may be able to drill or bore shalow recesses into the surfaces of the trigger and the frame and then use a 5min epoxy to hold them in.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

JB Weld = liquid duct tape

I promise that done right, this stuff will NEVER let go.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;

Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
JB Weld = liquid duct tape

I promise that done right, this stuff will NEVER let go.
Actually, there's a lot of folks that have tried JB Weld and had serious problems. The metal particles cause the material to spread out over the magnetic lines, making a mess and messing up the magnetic field as well.

I have read however that in very thin, small amounts, that it does actually perform very well on magnets.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

i was considering making a "kit" but dont have the time yet, it would be essentially a bolt that would go through the grip, (possibly a nut on the back,) with the head of the screw being the magnet, You would be able to set it and forget it, Grip side.... trigger side, i havent quite figured it out yet, But like i said, im low on time and have too many other proejcts, the magnets been on the grip for a while now, and the loctite "ultra gel control" super glue seems to be working very well, it doesnt look like it even wants to let go any time soon.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Actually, there's a lot of folks that have tried JB Weld and had serious problems. The metal particles cause the material to spread out over the magnetic lines, making a mess and messing up the magnetic field as well.

I have read however that in very thin, small amounts, that it does actually perform very well on magnets.
Really? Wow, thats weird. I guess I havent actually tried it with magnets, but now I need to.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms