mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

Full Auto - Before I begin

So.

Finally got myself an extended mag, therefore I must make my T8 full auto. Why? Because.

Now, i've read up on the issues that Echo had replicating the full auto effect that people had from dirty regs. Unfortunatly I don't know how those trigger groups did that, so I'm basing mine off Echo's mod. Essentially what he did was shave off the functional part of the release. The function of the release is to stop the rotator from engaging the sear, so that the marker can fire until the release is reset. Release is #5 in this diagram:

His issue was that the bolt cycled WAY to fast, faster than the ball could leave the barrel. The only real way that I can think to solve this is either weakening the mainspring/cutting it, or putting some sort of extra drag on the bolt. Who cares about efficiency. As for feeding, I planned to just use a very strong spring in the mag.

My real question here is: Do I want a stronger spring with more pressure pushing the bolt back? Or a weaker one to slow the cycling rate? Only problem that I could see with a weaker one is the bolt staying too far forward for too long, and too much air passing through.

Thoughts? Is what I'm writing making any sense?

Last edited by Mr.Smith; 04-29-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Either of those choices suck. But then you only have 17 shots in the magazine so as long as you get 15-17 shots off a 12 gram at full auto then it doesn't really matter. You have to change the 12 gram after each magazine reload anyways. If you have a stiffer magazine spring that will give you even fewer balls to shoot (lose 1-3 balls depending on spring).

My choice would be cut the spring first and try that. If it doesn't work, replacement spring is only $2
Tiberius Arms Firing Bolt Spring - SPRG01

Unless you can figure out the drag idea with a nonpermanent mod. Then would be free to try that idea first and then spring idea. But the spring is simplest so I would try that, shimming down the spring a LITTLE bit at a time till you hit the sweet spot (hopefully). May want to buy a replacement spring anyways so you can just keep trimming and make a graph of spring length vs shots per 12 gram or something like that. Would be a VERY cool graph if any correlation I would be happy to graph it if you sent me the data.

How would you do the drag idea?

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass and Wood Fan
Dont they go full auto if the group doesnt get reset?

I will be modding one of my Tiberius markers here soon... While apart I will look at the group. I once had an idea to make one full auto but decided not to do it. It was to add a stronger spring in a spot. But for the life of me i cant remember.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc-paintballer View Post
Either of those choices suck. But then you only have 17 shots in the magazine so as long as you get 15-17 shots off a 12 gram at full auto then it doesn't really matter. You have to change the 12 gram after each magazine reload anyways. If you have a stiffer magazine spring that will give you even fewer balls to shoot (lose 1-3 balls depending on spring).

My choice would be cut the spring first and try that. If it doesn't work, replacement spring is only $2
Tiberius Arms Firing Bolt Spring - SPRG01

Unless you can figure out the drag idea with a nonpermanent mod. Then would be free to try that idea first and then spring idea. But the spring is simplest so I would try that, shimming down the spring a LITTLE bit at a time till you hit the sweet spot (hopefully). May want to buy a replacement spring anyways so you can just keep trimming and make a graph of spring length vs shots per 12 gram or something like that. Would be a VERY cool graph if any correlation I would be happy to graph it if you sent me the data.

How would you do the drag idea?

Yup, i think Rockstar is going to be getting a lot of my business for spare parts soon. I have two or three mainsprings lying around in my massive Tibby parts bin, so at least I can start with that.

For drag, i was thinking of.. uh... Hm

Like a rubber nubbin on the inside of the body. Cant think of anyway to properly mount that non-permanantly without a ****ton of superglue.

Springs first.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Dont they go full auto if the group doesnt get reset?

I will be modding one of my Tiberius markers here soon... While apart I will look at the group. I once had an idea to make one full auto but decided not to do it. It was to add a stronger spring in a spot. But for the life of me i cant remember.
Yes, that's what I'm getting at with the release. Without that, it doesn't reset.
What's cool about the cases that people bring up as "problems", is that they still shoot properly, apparently.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
So.

Finally got myself an extended mag, therefore I must make my T8 full auto. Why? Because.

Now, i've read up on the issues that Echo had replicating the full auto effect that people had from dirty regs. Unfortunatly I don't know how those trigger groups did that, so I'm basing mine off Echo's mod. Essentially what he did was shave off the functional part of the release.
HOLD IT. I did NOT shave the rotator release thing, I just removed it. You get the same thing, and you dont waste your part. Just making sure you didn't wast a perfectly good piece because I wasn't clear. Now to read the rest . . .

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Last edited by Echo; 04-30-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Ok. Your idea with the spring probably wouldn't work. If you cut it or weaken it too much, air pressure will hold the bolt foward and dump your air source down the barrel. What I'm thinking you need to do is similar to the automag RT's.

All automags have an on-off valve. When you pull the trigger, the air supply to the dump chamber is cut off as the bolt is traveling forward. This allows the bolt to travel backwards without opposing air pressure. In the RT's, the on-off is modified to have a higher pressure, and this actually pushes the trigger and forces it to reset. If you keep pressure on the trigger, the cycle starts again. It's not technically true full auto, but for all intents and purposes it fires repeatedly with one trigger pull.

If you can figure out a way to link the rotator release to the trigger such that the trigger is forced to reset and catch the bolt, but continued pressure on the trigger would cause it to fire again.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;

Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

Sub'd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Damnit. . .

I think I figured it out. Now I've got another project to add to the list . . .

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;

Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

Share?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms