mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Killjoy mag release

Well after a quick search this turned up nothing, so here goes:

I've got a Tiberius mag release from Killjoy Industries (thumb release/right hand) and after installing it, I've noticed that the groove on the inside isn't wide enough to accomodate the little spring-pin thing when I try lay it flat (it also doesn't have the cut-away the original did to slide it in place through the bottom).

Right now, the spring is in there with the "head" facing downwards towards the mag release and the kink further down facing outwards.
It seems to be releasing magazines fine, but something feels soft about it.

How did the rest of you go about making it sit properly?
EDIT: I might be imgaining the softness, actually. Is it supposed to slot in this way?

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.

Last edited by Wolfman; 05-18-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Well after a quick search this turned up nothing, so here goes:

I've got a Tiberius mag release from Killjoy Industries (thumb release/right hand) and after installing it, I've noticed that the groove on the inside isn't wide enough to accomodate the little spring-pin thing when I try lay it flat (it also doesn't have the cut-away the original did to slide it in place through the bottom).

Right now, the spring is in there with the "head" facing downwards towards the mag release and the kink further down facing outwards.
It seems to be releasing magazines fine, but something feels soft about it.

How did the rest of you go about making it sit properly?
EDIT: I might be imgaining the softness, actually. Is it supposed to slot in this way?
It was not possible to machine that little cut away like it is on the plastic trigger. You have it installed correctly, the spring arm won't come out.

It will feel a little different becuase it's metal vs plastic.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Ah ok, thanks.
I have come across an issue actually, so I might have installed it incorrectly afterall. After I've put my marker back together again to test fire, the magazine fell out after the first trigger pull. After making several attempts to reinsert the mag without success I brought it back inside to see if there was maybe something wrong with the mag.

The first few times (without air) the mag stayed in, then a few tries afterwards it wouldn't seem to catch again. But as I'm writing this it seems to be ok again. It seems to take (literally) the slightest touch of the release for the magazine to fall out.

Hopefully it's nothing, I'll go and try it with air again and see what happens.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nope, same problem. Magazine self-ejected twice when attempting to push it in the first time, then ejected itself after pulling the trigger a second time. It just seems that, as it is, without the pin facing flat there isn't enough tension on the mag-release to allow it to reset itself properly.

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw

Quote:
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.

Last edited by Wolfman; 05-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hmmm....this is the first I have heard of this. Silly question, but are you making sure that the mag actually clicks into place. You should hear a click.

After you do that look at the mag release itself, can you push it in any farther.

The orientation of the spring arm shouldn't affect the amount of tension it has.

I will take a closer look at it and get back to you.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Yeah, it clicks into place - I can even pull on it and it won't move, but the moment I fire or lightly brush the release it caused the mag to come free.
The release didn't seem to be returning back to a "ready" position afterwards, and needed pushing back in from the right-hand side to go back into place.

Just to double check it wasn't a fault with my pistol itself I tried it again with the standard release and everything worked fine. I assumed as far as tension goes, that perhaps with the "kink" facing at an outwards angle, instead of being orienteered with the hook, that it wasn't exuding the same degree of force.

Sorry about this, not too sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help though.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I don't think your doing anything wrong, you can only install it one way.

I'll take a closer look this weekend.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Its pretty awesome that a paintball maufacturer checks this forum so often and troubleshoots for people. Well done KillJoy!

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore

Kilt Fan
Killjoy knows how to do customer service.. And for that we buy his killer stuff.

Contact... Kevin@operatortacticalgear.com
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Sorry Wolfman, I didn't get a chance to look at the mag release this weekend. I have been busy building a shed for the last 3 days and I was pretty tired at the end of the day.

I will try to look at it tonight.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy Industries View Post
Sorry Wolfman, I didn't get a chance to look at the mag release this weekend. I have been busy building a shed for the last 3 days and I was pretty tired at the end of the day.

I will try to look at it tonight.
That's ok, no rush.
Thanks!

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms