mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tiberius Arms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/)
-   -   Would this work for T8.1 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/203286-would-work-t8-1-a.html)

NoX13 05-22-2012 03:45 AM

Would this work for T8.1

Came across a video on youtube a few minutes ago and seemed it could be useful and Im wondering if anyone knows if it would possibly work on a T8.1 as it seems it does for the T8/T9 marker?

For those who dont click the link or want to know before clicking, it's a mod done to the reg cap of the T8/T9 to prevent the Co2 bleed off that occurs when a mag is ejected from the mag well of the marker. In theory saving Co2 between mag changes,reloads and usage.

ULTIMATE TIBERIUS T9/T8 MOD - YouTube

has anyone on MCB tried this on their T8.1 that can offer input?

Thanks for any info.

Havoc-paintballer 05-22-2012 08:18 AM

If I recall correctly, this mod kills your recharge rate or something. And the mod comes apart very very easily just with shooting. I think it was a total flop.

Undermine 05-23-2012 01:51 PM

I remember it the same way. It caused more problems than it solved. In theory it sounds great and I would like to see it work, but in application the air passage is just too small to allow it.

PntBllnSquirrel 05-23-2012 02:14 PM

I do remember it having a recharge problem too =[

GMAN1 05-23-2012 03:12 PM

Also, contrary to popular belief, you don't lose very much air with a mag eject. Still get a solid 3 mag loads per Co2 with regular paint. Its not significant at all or worth doing a mod to save what little you lose imo.

Echo 05-23-2012 03:43 PM

I'm working on a check valve for my T8/9 that is similar to this. I've got pictures somewhere. However, I'm not doing it to get more shots per 12 gram out of the gun, I'm doing it so that I can run back bottle air without replacing the magazine nipple with the dummy nipple. This would allow you to shoot until your back bottle is empty, vent what pressure may be left in it, then pierce a 12 gram and get 18ish more emergency shots.

But to answer your question, yes, it should work in the T8.1, the regulator is identical from what I know.

NoX13 05-23-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info guys, with what has been said despite it working (at least in theory) with the T8.1 it sounds like it boils down to not being worth the hassle, if it had been I would have given it a shot but for now I think Ill let it pass..

On a lighter note.. I have three T8s being shipped out to me tomorrow.. whooo hoooOOO

skullcandy1993 05-23-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoX13 (Post 2353980)
On a lighter note.. I have three T8s being shipped out to me tomorrow.. whooo hoooOOO

Back when I got my first T8 I would have said "why do you need three???"...now I can't really comment as I have 4 pistols :p

NoX13 05-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 (Post 2354025)
Back when I got my first T8 I would have said "why do you need three???"...now I can't really comment as I have 4 pistols :p

lol.. I not sure if they they are 8s or 8.1s (from pictures they look to be 8s though)

I already have one T8.1

Ill be keeping one of the three being shipped to me and selling the other two..

I just picked up a nice package deal with the three pistols and a ton of other stuff (5 4500ci tanks,5-6 pants ect.. and even more stuff )for 250....shipped.

even after selling two I'll still have my two and my pgp so three pistols in total for myself..I can loan or run duel if I like.

Havoc-paintballer 05-23-2012 07:58 PM

Wow! That is a deal! Craigslist?