mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tiberius Arms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/)
-   -   Lefty Holsters? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/221142-lefty-holsters.html)

Pontius26 12-14-2012 08:53 PM

Lefty Holsters?

Hey guys, I'm just getting back into the game and have picked up a nice T8, but I'm noticing that it's a bit of a challenge finding lefty holsters. Do any of you know of a good place to pick up a solid lefty?

zenmic 12-14-2012 09:14 PM

A solid lefty, no. Tiberius does make a their standard thigh-rig holster in both left and right handed. I have been using the left-handed one for years.

4G010H3R0 12-14-2012 10:03 PM

Full clip holsters are great. I have a RH one and plan on picking up a left and right for a dual pistol rig eventually.

Bow 12-14-2012 10:22 PM

RAP4 makes them, I have a righty that I wear on my left hip. Its really solid, the only issue I've had with it is that my TPX was kind of wobbly when I ran with it holstered. I use it for my PMI-1 and Haven't had an issue since. I'm sure a Tib would fit in it well enough, it has Velcro on the inside so that it can "Form" to the shape of the marker.

Tactical Leg Holster (Left Hand - Large)

There is a link to one of them. Cheers.

Jaan 12-14-2012 11:08 PM

I got a real steel lefty one that's great, fits a PGP as well. I wish I could tell you where got it...but they're out there. Maybe visit a well equipped local sporting goods store, and ask them nicely if you can try your paintball gun to see if they'll fit any lefty holster?

Bored383 12-14-2012 11:17 PM

old school uncle mike's holsters made for splatmasters work great with tiberius pistols

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...74005827_n.jpg

Pontius26 12-15-2012 03:50 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. I've looked into the RAP4, trying the local sporting goods store isn't a bad idea either. :)

PistolRogue 12-15-2012 06:20 AM

Even though I'm not a huge fan of RAP I have to begrudgingly admit that their soft gear is VERY good for the price. I've used one of their RH drop-legs for my Zeus for a couple of years now, converted to be used as a low-ride belt holster (I hate stuff on my legs), and it has held up very well. Also one of the few out there to use a button-snap thumb-break retention which is great for drawing quickly if you've stowed your pistol to run a prop or something. I've used the same holster with my Tib and while it was a little loose it wouldn't take more effort than punching two holes with a sharp rod (I use a sharpened coat hanger wire) and threading a zip-tie through the unused part to tighen up a little. I never did because I use it for bigger guns.
It is (or was, not sure if they still carry the same one) available in Lefty as well.

Another good one was the Condor Tornado universal holster which has all sorts of velcro flaps to form the holster how you need it. BT's Universal Multi-Holster isn't shabby either, but I reccomend cutting off their MOLLE straps and doing some surgery to install MALICE clips instead. The straps and the snaps they use are ill-fitting and don't line up with most MOLLE gear. Both are available in, or can be made ambidextrous.

Keep in mind if you're picky about your gear and how it's set up (like me), modifying it is always an option. Even if you don't sew (also like me), the sharp pointy-thing and zip tie method has always worked pretty well for adjusting things.

mikke_26 12-17-2012 12:15 PM

I've got a full clip holster, works great with adjustable thumb break and elastic leg bands, so that it doesn’t squeeze when sitting down. Although mine is a right-hand version, a friend of mine has the left-handed one which he is very satisfied with!

Gio24dude 12-17-2012 04:30 PM

Here you go.

Sniper Paintball Guns - Woodsball Paintball Accessories - Tippmann A5 Parts