mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
In case one has to readjust for windage, for example.

What's the next step after this "O'Lane," a rear sight adjustable for elevation too?
Windage???

You don't adjust the front sight for windage, you adjust the rear.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 02-13-2013 at 09:26 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Just call me "Pistol Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
How many times do you guys honestly plan on removing the sights? Once they're on I see no reason to be taking them back off again.
Please note your original quote for reference above. There was mention of "sights" plural, so I then made a comment about windage, implying but without stating that I was referring to the rear sight. I kind of assume everyone here knows how iron sights work so I didn't take the time to be "verbose."

To O'Lane: would there be enough material in the rear dovetail to machine an 11mm rail or picatinny rail that attaches to the rear sight slot? That would include T8.1 users into having a rail accessory like the one you've made for T8s.

Awesome work!
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
T-T

Damn, you make some NICE Tiberius accessories...
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

My dream is a full Tiberius by O'lane ! continues ! yes we can
kiss of death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Please note your original quote for reference above. There was mention of "sights" plural, so I then made a comment about windage, implying but without stating that I was referring to the rear sight. I kind of assume everyone here knows how iron sights work so I didn't take the time to be "verbose."

To O'Lane: would there be enough material in the rear dovetail to machine an 11mm rail or picatinny rail that attaches to the rear sight slot? That would include T8.1 users into having a rail accessory like the one you've made for T8s.

Awesome work!
My original comment was in reference to those who seemed to want the front sight constructed in a way that would allow easier access to the set screw. The rear sight's screw is already easily accessible. I think we were both getting at different points, so I apologize if I came off as a jerk. It's just that as someone with a little knowledge of machining (not nearly as much as O'Lane obviously but enough to appreciate the various pitfalls), it drives me slightly crazy when people start asking for things that would either weaken the design or add several extra steps (and cost) to the process for little to no benefit.

Once your front sight is on and centered, there's no reason to move it again. It doesn't need to be removed for any sort of maintenance procedure, so why make it more difficult to produce the part for the sake of making it easier to remove?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Just call me "Pistol Pete

No problem PistolRogue.

I can understand Skullcandy's suggestion though....After all, we are not just target shooting with these "pistols," we are knocking them around on the field. Wouldn't you think there is a good chance of knocking either sight (especially the front one) off alignment with one good knock or drop of the marker? There are powderburner rifles that lose zero simply by falling to the floor from leaning against a wall.

Anyways, did I say this before? - GREAT WORK O'Lane!
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
all work

Nothing is going to prevent misalignment/damage from impact... nothing. I don't knock my markers about though, I'd rather be shot out than break my kit. That said my ghetto rigged acrylic plastic mounted fiber optic tru-glo sights are holding up well I can't imagine O'lane's expertly crafted aluminum sights wouldn't fair better.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Millrat

Quote:

Awesome work!
Yes, it should be possible to make a small picatinny rail that would utilize rear sight dovetail for attachment. I'll have to look into it some more though.
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
That's excellent news, I'll be watching this!

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Yes, it should be possible to make a small picatinny rail that would utilize rear sight dovetail for attachment. I'll have to look into it some more though.
Fixxxer already did this, I'll see if I can find a picture when I'm on a computer again (currently posting from my mobile).

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms