mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Questions before beginning a new project

I'm starting to plan out a new marker, a FSR rifle to be paired with my T8. Before I start collecting parts I wanted opinions/suggestions on a few things.

First, has anyone cut a standard T8/9 barrel to make it First Strike compatible? How did it work? What was your method? Details are appreciated.

Second, the T9 buffer tube...is it milspec or commercial? I am looking to put a Magpul stock on it and want the right size.

Third, have any modders discovered a solution to the remote line through the mag on the T9? Or any alternative air sources for that matter?

Fourth, which riser do you recommend and why?

Fifth, connected to the previous question, any scope or sight you have been particularly fond of? I never really got into magnified optics so I'm not sure what to look for.

And lastly, have there been any updates on Killjoy's version of the extended magazine? Will they be compatible with the new FS mags or only the old ones? Any updates here would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for any answers or reading material you guys can provide.

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

There are however two different size tubes for the T9:
The all plastic tube is commercial sized.
Those who own the tube with the aluminum dovetail have a mil-spec tube

Milspec buffer tubes will Mike (micrometer) at 1.14 in diameter
Commercial are 1.17
Milspec is flat at the rear of the tube... commercial is slanted.

(read on the TA forum here)

Last edited by Blue60; 03-23-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: updated with new info from further reading
Blue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

For the APR I saw that Chicago bought a Killjoy APR2 and had Fixxer give it a diet. Great product great function and with the diet mill it is crazy light.

As for the scope many on the TA forum have been switching to crossbow scopes as they are made for ranges and speeds similar to paintball
Old 03-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

No updates on the extended mags just yet. This is my number one priority at the moment. I'm thinking about moving forward with making extensions for the 2.0 mags only, because they will probably function better overall. Plus, it sounds like the CO2 quick puncture feature will not be hindered by the extension, but I have not confirmed this yet. I have a 2.0 mag on the way, it should be here by Wednesday.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Just call me "Pistol Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy Industries View Post
No updates on the extended mags just yet. This is my number one priority at the moment. I'm thinking about moving forward with making extensions for the 2.0 mags only, because they will probably function better overall. Plus, it sounds like the CO2 quick puncture feature will not be hindered by the extension, but I have not confirmed this yet. I have a 2.0 mag on the way, it should be here by Wednesday.
May I ask how long you are contemplating the extended mags would be? I don't know if what I'm getting is typical average efficiency, but for 27-28 shots per 12vie @ 275 fps avg on a warm day, my interest would be peaked by a 14-shot extendo. Not too long, not too short, and it would require one full reload to finish off the 12vie.

Though I also have been secretly wishing Tiberius would make a simple 9-ball extended mag too.....start off with 9+1 and then 2 full reloads to finish the CO2 cart.....
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy Industries View Post
Just had to say "WOOT!". the last few lots of extendo's never really reached the UK so I'm looking forward to this!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms