mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 06-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
That shroud is dead weight ditch it bro !
I agree, unfortunately i am used to shooting AR's and I use the entire length of the shroud and some of the barrel. I have two issues, the first is the gun itself. today after about 50 shots it just started to jam. You could actually hear the bold resetting slowly. Like i would just dry shot it and after the second fire, it would start to sound like a moped muffler. If you continued shooting it would jam.

Here is the bigger issue. I paid what, almost 800 plus for the gun, another 100 for the barrel x 2. Another 150 in mags. I think it should fire without breaking. I can live with the occasional, but almost every mag is nonsense. Perhaps the .683 is too tight of a bore, well then tiberius needs to go back and rethink it.

If they can't solve the issue with my gun, there is no way I am buying the T 15. I'll run the DYE. A friend of mine got the lapco barrel for the DAM and he has no issues with the breaking of FS.

I guess I am just pissed the two weekends i wanted to play since i purchased 5 boxes of FS I was left with nothing.
triathlete98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by triathlete98 View Post
I agree, unfortunately i am used to shooting AR's and I use the entire length of the shroud and some of the barrel. I have two issues, the first is the gun itself. today after about 50 shots it just started to jam. You could actually hear the bold resetting slowly. Like i would just dry shot it and after the second fire, it would start to sound like a moped muffler. If you continued shooting it would jam.

Here is the bigger issue. I paid what, almost 800 plus for the gun, another 100 for the barrel x 2. Another 150 in mags. I think it should fire without breaking. I can live with the occasional, but almost every mag is nonsense. Perhaps the .683 is too tight of a bore, well then tiberius needs to go back and rethink it.

If they can't solve the issue with my gun, there is no way I am buying the T 15. I'll run the DYE. A friend of mine got the lapco barrel for the DAM and he has no issues with the breaking of FS.

I guess I am just pissed the two weekends i wanted to play since i purchased 5 boxes of FS I was left with nothing.
Before you go crazy talking about how tibbys are a hunk of ****, what have you done to solve the problem? Did you decide to send it in?

When you took it apart, did you fully disassemble the reg and check that there's nothing blocking it there? What kind of lube did you put on the bolt? Did you take the "firing pin" out of the bolt? It sounds like the gun isn't getting enough air, your mainspring isn't doing its job or the bolt isn't reassembled properly

Have a look at these, make sure when you put it back together it goes properly:
I know they're for the 8.1, but really they're both the same mechanically just cosmetically different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cmTX28Owo&feature=plcp&context=C36e26a4UDOEgsToP DskIkLVUOe9oTYvDsh0Pdtzjy]Tiberius 8.1 Disassembly (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2jzQWRI2FE&feature=related]Tiberius 8.1 Disassembly (Part 2 of 2) - YouTube

If you've done all that and still cant get anywhere give Eric (or whoever they have doing CS now) a call at 260-478-2500, they'll usually hook you up with whatever parts or help you need for free.

If you have questions thats what the forum is for, complaining isnt going to help anything much
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

I never said the tiberius was a piece of s... Those are your words. I said I was frustrated cause in the past four weeks I have noticed the first strikes are chopping with such regularity as one per mag. Then I said the other issue just started happening, the bolt not being able to reset. I have personally taken it apart per you tube videos and manuals a dozen times. Lubed everything, cleaned polished. Replaced the mainspring. Didn't touch the firing pin as that's a no no. I also cleaned and scrubbed all my mags, replaced the red springs. Replaced the detents, removed them and bought another lapco .683barrel. Took apart the reg. cleaned and oiled that. Purchased another 13/3000 tank just in case it was that. Then an employee at the field who works on tibs pulled it apart and did the same thing. Then the armorer at the store I purchased it from was on the phone with tiberius while he was working on the gun and replaced oiled etc. said it was all fixed. got it back yesterday, shot about 3/4 of a box resighting the scope ad was getting anywhere from 205fps up to 310. It chopped paint in a brand new barrel and mag. That's my frustrated part. All totaled i have easily spent what 1500-1800 in expenses for a gun that is not performing as advertised. Never said tiberius was a bad company or anything. So they are now going to send the gun into tiberius. My thinking process is that if the t 4.1 is the same as the 9.1as far as internals are concerned will the same thing happen with breaking first rounds in the breach? And will the t 15 be the same as the 9.1 and the 4.1? I want the AR 15 platform, So if perhaps the .683 is not the optimal boring and hammerhead doesn't make a long enough barrel to fit the 9.1/4.1 shroud then perhaps the paradigm pro would be a better alternative.
triathlete98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I had issues with mine initially and worked them out.I have had no fsr chops or jams.SEND THAT BAD BOY IN !!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by triathlete98 View Post
I don't think personally there is any point in shooting first strike without rifling.
Is there any point in shooting soup out the barrel of your gun? We're talking about swapping to the smoothbore barrel in order to eliminate a possible cause of your problem. If it doesn't fix the problem, you can move on to looking for something else. If it DOES fix the problem, then you can shoot smoothbore until you find another solution.

UV Halo has made extensive posts about the Lapco barrel being too tight and fouling up after about 60-80 rounds. His solution was to use a rubber squeegee to remove the fouling.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Are you over tightening the two bottom screws? Too tight will cause some issues... bolt not resting proper and/or chopping paint.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

I've had too many issues with the .683 rifled barrel. It's just far too tight, forcing one you crank up the gun's operating pressure to the point where it's too brutal on the rounds. The velocity consistency when using the .683 rifled was just all over the place too. Windage that thing was dead on, but elivation wise it was the shots were quite inconsistent due to the velocity fluctuations. I found the stock smoothbore, flasc smoothbore, and the hammerhead .688 rifled much more reliable and consistent for FSR use.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms