mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tiberius Arms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/)
-   -   So frustrated!!!!! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/236147-so-frustrated.html)

triathlete98 06-22-2013 12:28 PM

So frustrated!!!!!

So been playing with 9.1 with the .683 barrel hawke xb30 scope. Last few weeks been chopping first strikes that's all I shoot. I've done everything cleaned, lubed, etc. last week the gun would fire then the bolt wouldn't reset. The guys at fox paint tried to fix it at the field buy no good. Then they took it and called tiberius and said they fixed it. Today same thing. Shot about 60 rounds and then blah. Sounds like a muffler. So foex said they would send it to tiberius. The guns only a few months old! I was awaiting the t15 but is it going to be more of the same thing? Thinking about the paradigm pro? Anyone hear anything good or bad about them? Anyone else experiencing similar frustration? I put so much money into this platform, the scope, the rifled barrel and 6 mags. Oh and two consecutive weekends of going home pissed lol.

casper 06-22-2013 01:58 PM

I know your feeling I really think chops or jammed rnds have to do with the detents in the barrel.They are huge,mine are well broken in and miss feeds are gone.Magazine maint is inportant too.Here's some links to my t9.1 passage.
A.C.E.S. - Conclusion & Review T9.1
A.C.E.S. - T9.1 learning curve
also try the tiberius arms forum lots of resorces there!!

triathlete98 06-22-2013 02:19 PM

I've pulled them out, shot em with only one in every combination imagineable. I played every weekend since pretty much when I bought the gun in sept. I shot two boxes just to range it! If it can be done I've tried it. Now the gun s fouled up. This sucks lol

triathlete98 06-22-2013 02:21 PM

Cleaned the mags and replaced the red springs twice.

skullcandy1993 06-22-2013 02:59 PM

Maybe try it with the stock barrel? Sometimes that rifled barrel causes issues

casper 06-22-2013 03:05 PM

Agreed!!I am working on modding my detents a bit we'll see.They are really broken in.Check everything to ensure it's tight.

triathlete98 06-22-2013 03:27 PM

I don't think personally there is any point in shooting first strike without rifling. I would try the hammerhead but they don't make a longer one for the shroud of the 9.1. I have two .683 barrels and older one with worn detents and a brand new one. Shot at least 60 rounds through each and I'd say I get at least one break every mag. The accuracy with a smooth bore vs a rifled isn't even close, that's why I wanted the rifled barrel because of its ability to use optics. So for me a smooth bore is out of the question. Perhaps a different platform like the paradigm pro with the sharktooth 16 rifled .686 I believe may be a alternative? I just don't want to drop a 1,000 on the t15 if its the same internals and same issues.

casper 06-22-2013 07:19 PM

Send it yourself to Tiberius ! Call first and get some explaining!

Nightstar 06-22-2013 11:52 PM

You don't have to use the shroud. Try a day with the smoothbore barrel just to see if your break problem is resolved. If it is then you might want to pick up an HH and ditch the shroud.

casper 06-23-2013 12:07 AM

That shroud is dead weight ditch it bro !