mcarterbrown.com

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Tiberius is not that bad!!!

I am always hearing on the net how my T whatever leaks or chops and the maint sucks.I say nay to these critic's!!!
Most players who have problems with a piece of equipment have either done something to it and don't want to admit it or just have no clue.I cut my teeth on a 9.1 and had a few glitches I worked my way through them.From leaky mags to trigger problems and jam ups. My 9.1 is not flawless but I had invested enough in it to say this is my fsr platform.More and more I use it in open play and I have had no problems.The net saved my gun from being sold I watched videos, read the problem threads in my mind I can see problems and how to deal with them.I hardly break mine open now.I will say my T8 the serial # is one of the first 200 never leaked or chopped a ball I never broke it open till last year.Granted it was dirty when I did but not bad !!I never used it as a primary just as a back up when using my phantom but when needed it never let me down.
I had a killjoy trigger and adjusted the crap outta it and took the trigger return spring out and had problems till I put everything back to the way it was no problems now.Polish the internals get an index mag release(only after market mod you need). I never understood why didn't tiberius do that.I shoot nothing but fsr through it.(9.1)I replaced all the seals in that t8 and it leaked lol just a lose screw.
It may not be an easy take down but after a good break in mine works great.Don't give up on these guns they are a great fsr platforn !!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

my T-8's like some paint and not others...crap paint makes for a lot of tear downs but...still well worth the trouble! I love to rock the twins! aloha
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
all work

My Tibs have been rock-solid as well. The worst problem I've experienced was a breech break(my fault) that precipitated the bolt jamming on a shell fragment. Otherwise mine just work.

I do have some issues with the design. The T8.0/9.0 tends to shed detents when squeegied. To be fair the problem seems to have been resolved with the x.1 models.

Maintenance is a hassle. Splitting the grip from the reciever isn't something you do in the field. Realigning everything for reassembly is a circus act.

I like the in mag cO2, I'm probably the exception in this. The new FS mags address my only complaints with the magazine design. They've come too late to do me any good but new customers will reap the benefit. It makes me wonder why the left side follower peg and cut-out were omitted from the first gen FSR mag. It's such an obvious screw up.

The 9.1s CA adapter is just in the wrong place. There's no way to aim with a tank in stock unless the sight is jacked up four inches. That's some poor design.

The CAR stock thread adapter weighs a ton for something that is merely a physical coupler. It could have been plastic or aluminum rather than steel. The damn thing weighs more than a tank reg.

Even with those gripes I believe it's the best pistol available right now.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
. It makes me wonder why the left side follower peg and cut-out were omitted from the first gen FSR mag. It's such an obvious screw up.
For me I have to disagree here, I find the .1 mags much faster to pull the follower down on them than the original design. It can be done one fingered and the faster you do it the easier it is. Also one fingered leaves other fingers free to hold stuff if necessary. Of course that's just my take on it. And it won't stop me picking up a few of the newer mags, especially when the Killjoy extension hits!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
all work

That's peculiar, I can one finger my 8.0 mags easily. They slide smoother than any of my (9)gen1 FSR mags. At least I have options with the originals.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

I just got an 8 and an 8.1 locally with 4 mags for 200$. I think that is a good deal. I have cleaned and maintained everything now, and they work great but the accuracy is horrible. Both of them jerk paint to the bottom left right out of the barrel. I will have to try with some different paint, because as of now I could't hit you if you stood two feet from the end of the barrel.
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffington View Post
I just got an 8 and an 8.1 locally with 4 mags for 200$. I think that is a good deal. I have cleaned and maintained everything now, and they work great but the accuracy is horrible. Both of them jerk paint to the bottom left right out of the barrel. I will have to try with some different paint, because as of now I could't hit you if you stood two feet from the end of the barrel.
Check your detents as well. Something isn't right there. Mine T9 shoots great using one detent when running a hopper.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I agree when my 9.1 was working its a game changer. I have spent easily a thousand rounds plus trying to perfect and or fix it. That's not counting playing. On all the posts I've created talking about my frustration about the gun breaking or the first strike rounds breaking the responses were always for me to clean, replace, rebuild etc. So that's what I did. Cleaned, oiled, replaced swapped etc.

When I said this the the experts said try another barrel. I did, however when shooting a FS round if you are not shooting a rifled barrel it's a waste. There is no comparison. I shot a smoothed bore barrel and its not even worth arguing against a rifled barrel. When I shot the tiberius/lapco and it wasn't chopping FS I was dead on with my xb 30. People couldn't believe how accurate it was and I'd let them shot it. Some went out an purchase similar set up as mine. But as the weather got warmer I noticed more breaks and more inconsistent fps. I did send my 9.1 into get worked on since two armorers couldn't den when talking to tiberius on the phone.

My frustration is people get upset when I purchased the 9.1 and expect It to work. If I modded it and it broke then that's on me. But I maintain my tiberius like my firearms. After every play strip, clean, and oil. When things were warn out I replaced them. Why shouldn't I expect the 9.1 with the lapco barrel and mags with red springs not break FS or have chrono problems?

I really want the 9.1 to work, even the t15. I am loyal but can only live with disappointment for so long. I'll compare the 9.1 to the para pro as soon as my 9.1 gets back.
triathlete98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Only issue I had with mine was I over tighten the bolt by the trigger which made the marker chop paint. But this later helped me out on helping others at some fields I go to and when they complain about the marker chopping that is the first thing I check.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
My Tibs have been rock-solid as well. The worst problem I've experienced was a breech break(my fault) that precipitated the bolt jamming on a shell fragment. Otherwise mine just work.

I do have some issues with the design. The T8.0/9.0 tends to shed detents when squeegied. To be fair the problem seems to have been resolved with the x.1 models.

Maintenance is a hassle. Splitting the grip from the reciever isn't something you do in the field. Realigning everything for reassembly is a circus act.

I like the in mag cO2, I'm probably the exception in this. The new FS mags address my only complaints with the magazine design. They've come too late to do me any good but new customers will reap the benefit. It makes me wonder why the left side follower peg and cut-out were omitted from the first gen FSR mag. It's such an obvious screw up.

The 9.1s CA adapter is just in the wrong place. There's no way to aim with a tank in stock unless the sight is jacked up four inches. That's some poor design.

The CAR stock thread adapter weighs a ton for something that is merely a physical coupler. It could have been plastic or aluminum rather than steel. The damn thing weighs more than a tank reg.

Even with those gripes I believe it's the best pistol available right now.
Look at the pic of mine in the gallery I tried using a bottle for a stock just not for me the set up now is with 12 grams in the clip and a modded marksman stock . I may mod a jcs folding stock for it !!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms