mcarterbrown.com

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
all work

Help! Missing barrel alignment pin

So today at the field my 9.1 was acting up. It stopped feeding and the barrel seemed jammed when I attempted to disassemble and inspect the marker. After removing the barrel (with plenty of lube and judicious application of force) I disassembled, cleaned, inspected and attempted reassembly only to discover the barrel wouldn't catch. So I disassembled and inspected more closely. Eureka, no barrel alignment pin! It must have been what jammed the works in the first place. I can't find the pin, must have fallen into some crevice of my truck.

What to do now? Is this a part I can get from TA? Can I just locktite/epoxy the sucker in there? Do I need to ship the whole shebang off to TA? Should I just tap the hole and make a screw in replacement?

Feel free to offer suggestions particularly if you happen to be affiliated with Tiberius Arms. I'd hate to have to mess this pretty shooter up with a ghetto-rigged repair job.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Never heard of this before,check out the Tiberius forum or call TA!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
all work

I've resolved this problem and figured I'd post just in case anyone else ever has to do a similar repair. I know, these things only happen to me but what the hell. With the barrel removed I slid the pin through it's hole about half way, applied some 5 minute epoxy to the exposed portion and slid it flush while rotating. Tada!

The best part? I found my pin in the gravel at the field where I lost it months ago!

Last edited by Nightstar; 11-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I've resolved this problem and figured I'd post just in case anyone else ever has to do a similar repair. I know, these things only happen to me but what the hell. With the barrel removed I slid the pin through it's hole about half way, applied some 5 minute epoxy to the exposed portion and slid it flush while rotating. Tada!

The best part? I found my pin in the gravel at the field where I lost it months ago!
Sick bro way to go !!Did you ever call Tiberius??
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
all work

I never did call Tiberius. I was planning to make a replacement and rivet or epoxy it in place. I just got lucky and spotted something shiny while taking cover

Living in Canada makes for nothing but hassles when dealing with a corporation that has no local distributor. I don't go home to the old US of A very often anymore, not since it's become more like Soviet Russia than the land of the free anyway.

Last edited by Nightstar; 11-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

you found them a few months later at the field? i have hard enough time finding stuff in my room.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
all work

I know right? It gets better. Two years ago at the same field I dropped a T8 detent in the gravel while squeegying. I didn't even know mine was lost until hours later I spotted and recovered it.

I wish I could spot business opportunities half so well.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms