mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

T8.1 Trigger problem

Trying to fix some ganz last night and fixed my T8. Luckily it was just a Trigger return spring.

However the T8.1 is a different story, cleaned the guy apart and there was some rust build up along with just some gunk that had been in there from the previous owner. I cleaned out the entire gun and tried to fix the problem at hand(The trigger was sticking back after each shot) so I took the trigger grouping apart to see if there was a problem there(lots of gunk but nothing else.) Then went to look at the trigger and actuator arm itself. everything seemed to move freely there as well. I put the gun back together again which is no problem, the trigger still moved freely. when I tried to put the trigger pin back into the frame it was a bit tight(Like super tight.) Once the trigger pin was installed I still had the same problem. After each shot the trigger stuck back.

I am thinking that my problem is the trigger pin, but before I make another purchase from Rockstar I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
all work

Does the trigger linkage on the reg body/trigger group stick with the grip frame removed?

Does the trigger itself stick in the removed grip frame?

If no to both I'd look at the safety.
Nightstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ditto on the safety, may be in upside down. Remove the safety and test it that way.

Also need to ask, stock trigger or Killjoy? If it is a Killjoy trigger you need to back out the upper set screw.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

no on both thats the peculiar thing here, everything functions fine. The second I put the trigger pin in that is when it starts to jam up
Old 11-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sand the pin a bit...or polish it, they do gum up and drag...I did a magnet job on mine...a small strong magnet on trigger and one on frame...they repel each other...quickly!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

That's what I am thinking or a new trigger pin, either way I just want it to shoot.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
all work

undefined
Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
all work

To be clear you experience trigger binding when the trigger pivot pin is installed even when the grip frame is detached from the receiver except for the trigger link?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Check the trigger linkage arm against the one for your T8 to make sure the previous ow er didn't bend it taking it apart. Next make sure the linkage pin isn't catching anything due to possibly sticking out too far on the left or right. (Would be most likely the left since to far out the right wouldn't allow you enough pin to attach the linkage arm.

Just an FYI, the trigger componts are basically the same between the T8 and T8.1 so just test parts till you find the problem.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
To be clear you experience trigger binding when the trigger pivot pin is installed even when the grip frame is detached from the receiver except for the trigger link?
ah, you know what I must have read something wrong I will look at this tonight.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms