mcarterbrown.com

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
all work

I've never bothered with the hopper feed adapter. When using nothing but a pistol I carry magazines loaded with both types of ammo and load/swap as required. Just be sure to dump the round left in the breach before socketing the next mag.

@SlamSlayer. I'm glad the .683 is working well for you but those first three low shots are due to the tight bore not the regulator. That is half the reason I bought a Hammerhead instead. The Hammerhead has comparable accuracy without the velocity inconsistency. Increased efficiency is just a bonus that a 12gram shooter like me really appreciates.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamSlayer View Post
Don't put down the .683. It WORKS. I have owned and used both the Hammer .688 (bore chosen by hammerhead for their 9/8.1 threaded barrel) and the Lapco .683. Boy does it WORK. Start at 5:10 to watch FSR shot through a smooth bore (DYE UL, one of the best smooth bores money can buy) followed by the lapco .683. I think the only reason the first 3 of those shots weren't in the tight grouping (but still well on target) was because the reg was still settling from the FPS change between barrels. Because once it settled, they were just ball on ball accurate.

Lapco FSR First Strike Rifled Barrel Review - Increase range & accuracy on your paintball gun! - YouTube
Rigorously collected test data by myself and others have shown that while the hammerhead and the LAPCO/Tiberius rifled barrels successfully impart pre-spin to FS rounds, the LAPCO/Tiberius is tighter than it needs to be with two significant consequences:

Less efficient. For example, you must give the T9.1 regulator at least a couple turns of pressure up in order to achieve the same velocity as the Hammerhead. And on the T9.1, this pushes the reg outside of it's optimal adjustment range and leads to the second major problem.

Horrible consistency. How horrible? up to +/- 25FPS (95%), if you're not using a high (1100PSI) or low (500PSI) output HPA tank.

And this is assuming that you're regularly cleaning the barrel (after approx 75shots), even if you didn't get a barrel break. Otherwise, you can have a barrel jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I've never bothered with the hopper feed adapter. When using nothing but a pistol I carry magazines loaded with both types of ammo and load/swap as required. Just be sure to dump the round left in the breach before socketing the next mag.

@SlamSlayer. I'm glad the .683 is working well for you but those first three low shots are due to the tight bore not the regulator. That is half the reason I bought a Hammerhead instead. The Hammerhead has comparable accuracy without the velocity inconsistency. Increased efficiency is just a bonus that a 12gram shooter like me really appreciates.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms