mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 11-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

New to Tiberious/mag fed/first strike HELP!

THIS COULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED A WTB ADD!

So like the title I've never owned a Tiberious marker, or a mag fed marker or a first strike capable marker BUT...
I have played a lot of pump play, i mainly use a VSC phantom and occasionally a sniper with 50 rnd hopper.

Anywho I've shot a couple first strike rounds before and used a buddies T8.1 that was tricked out and I has extremely impressed (got 4 kills in one clip)

I did a little bit of research and I have an idea of the setup I want but not exactly sure how it all works.
I want a T9.1 not sure about
1) if I should stick with a 12g in mag or get tank in stock set-up I've read compressed air gives a significant improvement to consistency and accuracy (like most markers)
2) what type of barrel or brand, I've read rifled barrels are great for FS rounds but can have issues with running normal rounds?
3)the set up i have in mind is to be able to switch on the fly/in-game from FS rounds to normal rounds back and forth. So the clips can feed FS and I've seen a couple pics with longbow kits on them. So would i have to customize it to fit a 10 rnd or other type tube feed (i don't want a hopper)
4) if i did get the set up with FS rounds in the clip, and normal rounds in the tube if i understand right all you have to do is turn the barrel and it will feed the other type of round? and is there a way to easily clear the round thats currently in the chamber?

well there's a lot of questions, should be a good start i hope!

Thanks in advance!
madmandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
1) if I should stick with a 12g in mag or get tank in stock set-up I've read compressed air gives a significant improvement to consistency and accuracy (like most markers)

I'm not a fan of straight out the back tanks but for consitancy low pressure HPA will give it to you.Also weighing and sizing helps allot.I use 12 grams and it's not bad at all for consitancy with weighed and sized rnds.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post

I'm not a fan of straight out the back tanks but for consitancy low pressure HPA will give it to you.Also weighing and sizing helps allot.I use 12 grams and it's not bad at all for consitancy with weighed and sized rnds.
What do you mean by weighing and sizing rounds?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

He means seperating your first strike rounds into groups. Even first strikes are slightly inconsistent from round to round. Use a barrel sizer beforehand (or calipers) to seperate the 0.688 rounds from the 0.689 rounds, and then use a gram scale to further divide those groups into the ones that weigh 32 grams from 31 grams, etc ( I dont remember how much a first strike is supposed to weigh). Then keep those batches in seperate tubes. Loading a single clip with nearly identical first strikes will improve your shot to shot consistency.

Keep in mind almost no spherical paint is as large as first strikes anymore... So you'll chrono your marker to 300fps (or whatever your field allows) with first strikes, and thus when you switch to regular paintballs on the fly you'll have to accept the velocity drop.
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
He means seperating your first strike rounds into groups. Even first strikes are slightly inconsistent from round to round. Use a barrel sizer beforehand (or calipers) to seperate the 0.688 rounds from the 0.689 rounds, and then use a gram scale to further divide those groups into the ones that weigh 32 grams from 31 grams, etc ( I dont remember how much a first strike is supposed to weigh). Then keep those batches in seperate tubes. Loading a single clip with nearly identical first strikes will improve your shot to shot consistency.

Keep in mind almost no spherical paint is as large as first strikes anymore... So you'll chrono your marker to 300fps (or whatever your field allows) with first strikes, and thus when you switch to regular paintballs on the fly you'll have to accept the velocity drop.
ok thats what I thought he meant. I just never thought of doing that but when you have that expensive of rounds i guess its worth it!

I guess that answers one of my questions about using regular rounds through FS focused barrel, that it will work because their smaller just suffer a little bit in accuraccy?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmandrew View Post
12g in mag = mobility, tank-in-stock = weight and stability

2) what type of barrel or brand, I've read rifled barrels are great for FS rounds but can have issues with running normal rounds?
Lapco is always a good bet, the hammerhead barrel is great too. The rifling on the Lapco FSR barrel messes with normal rounds because it's a rather tight bore (.683) you shouldn't have issues with a rifled barrel that has a bigger bore.

3)the set up i have in mind is to be able to switch on the fly/in-game from FS rounds to normal rounds back and forth. So the clips can feed FS and I've seen a couple pics with longbow kits on them. So would i have to customize it to fit a 10 rnd or other type tube feed (i don't want a hopper)
This idea never works on the field the way it does in your head. It will work sometimes but not as often as you'd like it to. You would be better off with two markers, one for FS and one for .68 rounds. Also, good luck finding a longbow kit as they have been out of production for a few years now and are scarce as all hell.

4) if i did get the set up with FS rounds in the clip, and normal rounds in the tube if i understand right all you have to do is turn the barrel and it will feed the other type of round? and is there a way to easily clear the round thats currently in the chamber?
Yes you are correct that to switch from the hopper feed to the mag feed (or vice-verse) all you need to do is rotate the barrel, but it's not always easy on the field. And no, there isn't a simple way to clear your breech aside from firing that round.
Answers in red

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

1. Go with HPA (tank in stock or remote stock, whatever is more comfortable to you). It's going to be much more consistent and consistency is one of the most important parts of being accurate with FSR. Your barrel controls your horizontal spread and your consistency is going to control your vertical spread, more or less. Not to mention it's annoying and a little hard to keep track of how many times you've cycled through one mag (and thus how soon you need to replace that co2 cartridge). That said, go with a Ninja tank.

2. I wouldn't even buy a Tiberius if you're going to run normal paint in it. At the very least, don't even factor that in. You want to hone it to it's maximum First Strike capabilities, don't worry about normal paint. That said, rifled barrels shoot normal paint fine. Though not as good as a smooth bore.

As far as barrels go, the Lapco .683 FSR barrel and the Hammerhead 14 inch are the only two you should be looking at. I've owned both (HH on my 9.1, Lapco on my 4.1), they're both great barrels. It's really a tough call and I don't think you'd be disappointed by either choice.

3. You could put a hopper on it, but make sure it's NOT a gravity hopper as the marker doesn't do so well feeding via gravity hoppers. The longbow is, as Skull pointed out, RARE and expensive when you do find it. Honestly I wouldn't even factor in this feature. Buy it for First Strike. Period.
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
all work

My Tiberius markers display very consistent velocity on 12grams at the chono typically +/-8fps. You might get more consistent velocity on compressed air but it comes with a weight penalty. If you should decide to run hpa on a Tib be sure to obtain a high pressure regd tank(900psi should do it) as these markers are made to operate on co2. Be prepaired to raise your sights by a couple inches too because you won't be able to see them over the tank with a mask on.

My Tiberius markers are hella fun with normal paint. In fact one field I often play prohibits FSR at close range so I've had some experience setting up a marker to fire both ball and FSR.

Regarding rifled barrels, I went with a Hammerhead .686 after much research. It works well with paintballs and is fantastic with FSR. I wouldn't touch the .683 with Hitler's dick even if Velcor himself came down and gave me one.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks all for the input! answered a few of my questions pretty well.

One I'm still not sold on is running both FSR and ball rounds. I'm pretty sure I can fabricate a way to hold a 10 round tube feed on the side, I haven't exactly worked out the details but that what I was thinking over a Longbow kit anyways.
with that said and having never owned a T9.1 and handled and seen how hopper feed would mount is there any more to it other then the 4 screws holding on that plate? also any ideas of a good 10 round feed to use? one from a Phantom, pistol etc?
Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Don't put down the .683. It WORKS. I have owned and used both the Hammer .688 (bore chosen by hammerhead for their 9/8.1 threaded barrel) and the Lapco .683. Boy does it WORK. Start at 5:10 to watch FSR shot through a smooth bore (DYE UL, one of the best smooth bores money can buy) followed by the lapco .683. I think the only reason the first 3 of those shots weren't in the tight grouping (but still well on target) was because the reg was still settling from the FPS change between barrels. Because once it settled, they were just ball on ball accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky2gRvlXyts

Last edited by SlamSlayer; 12-05-2013 at 02:01 AM.
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms