mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

cleaning off dried first strike fills

apparently previous owner chopped them everywhere. they are inside the trigger frame as well as everywhere else that has narrow slits, including reg body and its nuts.

i thought about just spraying the parts with a stream of water and decided against it because it appears that any part that could rust, already did rust.

any ideas for removing leftover fill from nooks and crannies without using water? i can wipe them off the outside easily enough. toothbrush? in any case it's a mess.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tug Contest Winner

I assume it's the trigger mechanism with all the tiny crevices and rust-able parts you're talking about?

When I received my t8.1s, likewise they were a mess on the inside and under globs of paint was fresh rust, so I opted for a deep clean. I taped off the air passages and ran them under hot water with a toothbrush, but once I'd shaken them off I sprayed them down good with isopropyl alcohol and blasted it with the airgun on my air compressor. Dries off everything in a hurry, and then immediately followed with a thorough lubing to prevent rust.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tug Contest Winner

And if you're interested in disassembling and removing the rust entirely, I've had good luck with Evapo-Rust (from Canadian Tire, if you're north of the border).
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I use IPA to clean up left over dried up paint. It works pretty good as doesn't leave any residue.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
scphantom9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphantom9195 View Post
I use IPA to clean up left over dried up paint. It works pretty good as doesn't leave any residue.
Party foul!

I do know which IPA you are talking about though...

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback

Last edited by desertT1; 05-07-2014 at 07:29 PM.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
I assume it's the trigger mechanism with all the tiny crevices and rust-able parts you're talking about?

When I received my t8.1s, likewise they were a mess on the inside and under globs of paint was fresh rust, so I opted for a deep clean. I taped off the air passages and ran them under hot water with a toothbrush, but once I'd shaken them off I sprayed them down good with isopropyl alcohol and blasted it with the airgun on my air compressor. Dries off everything in a hurry, and then immediately followed with a thorough lubing to prevent rust.
thanks. i just did the toothbrush dry. it got most of the fill out, just with a fine layer of fill dust all over the place. good thing i did it outdoors. i think i'll air out the dust.

trigger mechanism, mag, grip innards, reg body, were all dirty. bolt bumper clear rubber ring was also full of grime and dirt. gave it a good cleaning now too. 2 of the 4 screws holding the feedneck cover were rusted shut. worn out the allen head too. had to dremel a flat slot on each and used a flathead screwdriver to remove them. there's paint in there too. barrel's missing a detent, and appears to have been gone for a long time because there's also caked paint where it should be.

it seems first strike fill accelerates rusting. 2 screws hold down the chrome prong that retains the mag in the gun body, and the screw that was caked in paint was way more rusty.

actually not interested in removing rust: already ordered replacements for the rusty parts. in fact they are supposed to arrive today. what lube is best for 9.1? oil or grease? and where should be lubed?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

ok this is strange.

i load up the mag with a 12 g. it pierces. i load in the mag, i hear the gun being filled.

i pulled the trigger, nothing. no sound. no leaks.

i release the mag, it vents.

what did i put together wrong? i tested the gun dry firing just fine on arrival...
Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

You locked the bolt back. Leave bolt foreword when assembling. Then inserting barrel will push it behind sear.

Common mistake.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Party foul!

I do know which IPA you are talking about though...
Haha! I meant Ispropyl Alcohol. AKA rubbing alcohol.

I have been using air tool oil on my Tiberius guns and haven't had any issues yet.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by scphantom9195; 05-07-2014 at 10:32 PM.
scphantom9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

thanks for your help guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
You locked the bolt back. Leave bolt foreword when assembling. Then inserting barrel will push it behind sear.

Common mistake.
ok thanks. i will have to wait to try that. don't want to use another 12 gram just for testing, so i just placed an order for some dummies. will retest when they arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphantom9195 View Post
Haha! I meant Ispropyl Alcohol. AKA rubbing alcohol.

I have been using air tool oil on my Tiberius guns and haven't had any issues yet.
ok good, i went ahead and used triflow because it's what i always trusted the most, and it's pretty much an oil for air tools too. thanks for the help guys.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms