mcarterbrown.com

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 05-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
New T8 owner, I gots questions

Ok, so how hard are the first strike mod kits to find for the t8 mags, other than new sets on eBay, because I can't afford $140 for one mag currently.

Also, will the first strike mags fire regular paint also or is it best to stick with FS for these?

Any recommendations on barrel upgrades? Are compensators helpful or just aesthetic?

Anything else I am forgetting? Help me out, fellow owners.

Also, pointing me out to any good deals on parts is a plus too

And my feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

T8 mags can't be converted for First Strikes, however T8.1 magazines do fit in a T8 (and also fire regular paint just fine). The First Strike conversion kit is for the pistol itself, the important parts being a new barrel that will accept first strikes, and a new bolt.
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Yep, check your breech to see if the first strike breech is installed. Also the FS mags are cheaper, than the old ones were, 30 each new If I remember right.

Also a barrel is the only "upgrade" that I know of, compesators do look pretty awesome on it also but do nothing. I bought mine with an alumnimum trigger which feels pretty good compared to the stock one.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Thank you guys! That was quick. I wasn't finding too much online so I figured I didn't have too many options, but It figured I would ask the community.

So 8.1 mags definitely do fit in the T8? I'm not really overly interested in first strike but I figured if I came across an upgrade down the road I would pick it up and go for it. Is the main difference on the T8 mags and the T8.1 mags the co2 quick change? I can't imagine there could be too much else to it from looking at them.

And my feedback
Old 05-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

There are technically three versions of the Tiberius magazines and they're all a little unique from each other. I can't find any good side-by-side photos at the moment, but I have all three at home and will snap you some tonight.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
all work

Both versions of the 8.1 mag work with the T8. The .1 mags will work with regular paint balls.

The compensator is merely a cosmetic training weight, skip it. Skip the FS conversion kit, they cost new as much as a used 8.1. The stock barrel is fine as long as the paint diameter is acceptable. There are big bore aftermarket barrels if you need one, I don't.

My favorite upgrade is my betasniper flipped mag release. I have a killjoy as well, it works but was really uncomfortable with that sharp edge until I took the file to it. Regardless, if you're right handed get the reversed mag release of your choice.
Nightstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Okay, so got some shots.

In order from left to right we have:

T8/9 (1st version), T8.1/9.1 v1 (2nd version, first strike capable) and T8.1/9.1 v2 (3rd version, first strike capable).

As you can see, the 1st version has a round slot, paintballs only. 2nd and 3rd have "D" shaped slots for first strike rounds. 2nd and 3rd come with a silver spring (soft for paintballs) and a red spring (firm for first strikes).

1st and 3rd versions have a slot for the follower in both sides of the magazine. This makes it easier to retract, whereas the 2nd version only has a slot on one side. This makes it harder on the fingers when reloading. The 1st version also have this little half-moon slider thing... I can only assume that was there for keeping track of how many times you've reloaded on a single 12g co2.

And all three respective quick-changers. 1st has most leverage, 3rd is most compact, 2nd falls somewhere inbetween. Also of note, the 1st version weighs in at about 11 ounces, 3rd version 10 ounces, and 2nd version is lightest at 9 ounces (approximately, my scale is on the fritz).

All versions of the magazine will fit in a T8/9, but the 1st version does not fit in a T8.1/9.1 without a little trimming (the silver area on mine, because the T8.1/9.1 barrels are thicker and contact the tip of the magazine there otherwise.)

Check your barrel - if you don't have a "D" shaped hole in the breach, your T8 cannot shoot first strikes without the conversion kit that costs as much as a T8.1 does anyway. It's not a big loss, these pistols are tons of fun and surprisingly accurate with regular round paint. All in all, the best version of the magazine is whichever one you happen to find for the cheapest.

Last edited by freedummy; 05-21-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Free dummy, you are awesome! That helps tremendously!

I got four mags with the pistol I picked up, so I am good on those for a bit, but like I said if I came across a FS conversion kit for cheap at some point I would pick it up just for fun.

These kinds of responses are why I love MCB so much! Thanks again!

And my feedback
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you really want just file the back part of the barrel straight stead of round making it FS capable then just buy a .1 bolt off rockstartactical.com and you've made your own kit. Compensators are preference I like them as it balances nicely. I have a ums one I believe (slots on top) and just made this one

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms