mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #91 (permalink)

That one's purdy ^

Anyway, here's my new (old) Carbine. Picked her up for a steal on Ebay, with the vert air kit already installed. Added a Bigshot, Apex 2 tip, APP frame, JCS stock, Empire grips, and a stab. Here she is in her current form.

It's a proven fact that having a little skull lanyard on your marker makes it 1000x more accurate.

Last edited by Mike68; 05-24-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Mike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #92 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
Don't know if you're even going to see this, but I've got an APP frame so I figured I'd weigh in. It's nice, I bought it partly for the double trigger, but also because I didn't like the slight torsional give the plastic frame had. It's very robust, could be a little bit of a pain to put on if you've got a vert air adapter like I do, but it fits just fine.

There's two minor gripes I have with it:

1. The trigger guard is annoying, it pushes your index and ring finger down slightly when you hold it, which can be uncomfortable if you've got big hands like mine. You could simply mill an inch or two off of it like I did, or remove it altogether. I also don't really like that it's held in with set screws, but they keep it in there just fine.

2. The threading on the inline mounts is kind of shallow, you'll have to use pretty short screws if you plan on mounting anything to it.

You might already have one, in which case this is pointless, but I was also frustrated with the lack of information about them before I bought one. If anyone else has questions about the APP trigger frames I'd be happy to help out.
Thanks for the info!

The whole frame is made out of aluminum right? And does it open up in halves like the original plastic P/C frame or is it just one solid block of metal. Also, I agree with you on the trigger guard, I wasn't thinking of removing it completely, does can the trigger guard be taken out by opening up the trigger frame or does it have to be sawed off? Thanks very much!

Last edited by ZZ rai; 05-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #93 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Updated pics of my Pro/Carb:

Old 05-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ rai View Post
Thanks for the info!

The whole frame is made out of aluminum right? And does it open up in halves like the original plastic P/C frame or is it just one solid block of metal. Also, I agree with you on the trigger guard, I wasn't thinking of removing it completely, does can the trigger guard be taken out by opening up the trigger frame or does it have to be sawed off? Thanks very much!
It's one solid piece of aluminum, it doesn't open.

The trigger guard is held in by two set screws, so to remove it all you have to do is loosen them and pull it out. You can see that I milled about an inch off of it in my pictures, I then painted it black.

Now it's great, totally comfortable. Just needed to trim a little bit of length off it.
Mike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #95 (permalink)
~A5OG~

Does anyone else on here use HPA with their pro carb? Mine doesn't seem to take too kindly to it.
shibby927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #96 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I run HPA on mine, but my tank outputs 900 psi so it will run older guns like the pro-carb and the VM. Even then I have the velocity screw backed almost all the way out to hit 280. They were originally designed to run on co2, so they usually need at least 800 psi or so (at least stock). Some tank regs are lower than that. I know guerilla regs are around 650-700.

Scenario Paintball TV(SPbTV)-Paintball videos from the Northeast, South Carolina and Europe
feedback
GtrLvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #97 (permalink)
Post Whore

Bollocks! I must find me a vert air kit!

IF you have every done buisness with me could i bug you for a little feedback?... I allways forget to ask
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.isthereazombieapocalypse.com/
Graf Orlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #98 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

I run HPA on my P/C. It's consistent and shoots great. I do have a Palmer Stabilizer too though.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #99 (permalink)
pew pew pew

Same, PPS with HPA and it works awesome. Chrono'd and tuned a bit today and got 274-281 over a hundred shots.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #100 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
It's one solid piece of aluminum, it doesn't open.

The trigger guard is held in by two set screws, so to remove it all you have to do is loosen them and pull it out. You can see that I milled about an inch off of it in my pictures, I then painted it black.

Now it's great, totally comfortable. Just needed to trim a little bit of length off it.
How is the trigger pull on that frame? Is it more lighter and faster, and would it help improving the rate of fire? Thanks!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann