mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

TPX Air-Leak Issue

Okay, I just disassembled my TPX for the first time. I'd bought it used and it worked quite well for the most part.

Sadly now that I've reassembled the marker I have a fairly major air leak to content with.

When I attach a tank through the remote line adapter air just starts leaking out of the back portion of the marker. Inserting a 12g leads to the same result.

I'm fairly new to maintenance on my own markers but am hoping that someone here with some experience could give me a little help, or even direct me to a video of someone correcting a problem such as this.

Simple is gold here, as again, I'm fairly novice with this type of work. That said, I'm a quick study and willing to learn.

Any help out there?
Freestyler101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
It's probably an O-ring. There are tiny o rings on each end of the connecting tube that goes into the regulator. Check them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0He3jzkdr6s

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

It is the small orings on the connecting tube,Also make sure to oil your marker after you have installed the orings.The orings that broke are very common to be replaced in the TPX frequently
Tactical Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

It could also be that on installing the remote adapter your shredded the o-ring on the threaded end of that as well. Pro tip: make sure the hole drilled in the back of the clamshell half for the adapter is big enough that it's not cocking the adapter slightly to one side when you install it. Also, always apply a good bit of grease to the o-rings before you install them and gently TWIST/WIGGLE the tube/adapter into place, don't push! I've never managed to mangle an o-ring on the 3 or 4 different TPX's I've owned, but it seems a lot of people have trouble with finessing them into place.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann