mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-31-2011, 04:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Needs Nerf

My 8-balls suck when it comes to reloading on field. Mine donʻt stay down, and I play with pretty fragile FPO, so the 8s suck for me. But Iʻve got nothing bad to say on the 7s, I just wished tippmann had a straight 8ball mag.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBaller View Post
My 8-balls suck when it comes to reloading on field. Mine donʻt stay down, and I play with pretty fragile FPO, so the 8s suck for me. But Iʻve got nothing bad to say on the 7s, I just wished tippmann had a straight 8ball mag.
i have never had an issue with the 8round mags, now the 7 round mags on the other hand, they annoy me. they are fine in the gun, but when they are loaded and in my mag pouch, they will drop balls out and usually get paint all over the next mag in the pouch. he 7 rounds mags simply dont hold the paint in place when they ara not in the pistol. it has caused me to get eliminated a few times now when i went to reload and the mag i grab out of the pouch was empty or covered in broken paintballs.

when i run the 7 round mags, i always use them first, one in the pistol and the otgher one in my hand waiting to be used early.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I found that both mags will drop paint when upside down in a pouch. That sucks because you want them upside down, or at least I do, because it makes them easier to insert into the TPX. I also found that the Vtac mag pouches are too deep and rigid so I can't get them out easily. I got an M4 mag pouch and that will hold 2 mags. I'm going to get another and get rid of the Vtac all together.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I use the Emdom 6o4 pouches and they fit tight enough that rollouts are never a problem. They have an adjustable length topstrap.
I made a leather mag slide that was heavy enough that it threw the mags around and I had rollouts with 7s and 8s, a small piece of foam in the bottom of the mag slot in the pouch cured this. It should work in a soft pouch and help keep the pouch from collapsing when empty as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Ghost View Post
Another thing I'm curious about is the 12ie puncturing. Does it pucture and shoot on the first trigger pull or is it like a sheridan where the 1st shot puctures the 12 gram but the second shot fires your first ball.
It's SORT of like a sheridan. On a sheridan that first piercing shot will try to fire a ball if there's one in the bore, usually putting it halfway down the barrel...
The TPXs don't do this, the piercing pull on the trigger does not try to fire a ball.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Thanks for clearing that up, Rob. I was still thinking it was like a sheridan where the first shot punctured and fired a ball about a foot.

Since I know you've been rolling with the TPX's for a while, what kind of spare parts/ regular maintenance do you suggest?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, there's a running rumor at HS that I'm able to tunnel underground as fast as most can run, due to the fact that all my gear becomes packed with dirt each game, so you may not have it as bad as me.

I generally open the pistol at the end of a day and wipe out all the spray and dirt, hose off the front bolt then blow it dry with one of those keyboard cleaning spray air cans and only wipe off the powertube and rubber bumper. I regrease these and the bolt really well with the tippmann grease. I make sure to get a thin coat of grease over the whole rubber bumper behind the bolt.
I dismantle the pierce pin and clean it and regrease if I have time, which is not too often.

Every 2 cases of paint or so I disassemble the valve and reg, cleaning and regreasing them. Even though it's mixing my lubes, I put a drop of regular marker oil on the nose of the 1st co2 I load after a cleaning.
In the winter I used my secret stash of Blu-Lube to discourage freezeup, but in summer it's like water...

I have a 'deluxe' spare parts kit, but my pistols haven't had any parts replaced except pierce pin seals since the prototype 'upgrade' parts I got from Tippmann. Of those I only used the new springs and bumpers. When I switched my one pistol back to normal from the cocker detent system I was trying, I used one of the new design bolts and it's matching breech. My other still has the old bolt style.

Most of the pierce seals I've lost were early on and due to overlength 12ies forcing themselves into the hole in the seal and then bringing it out with them when I changed. Now I have a nogo guage, just a slot that's the max length I want in a co2. I run my 12s through this as I load my harness. Any too long for the slot I give to friends with screw in type pistols. With the lelands we get at HS, this may be one in 50 or 60 but for me that can mean every weekend or so.

The mags I normally leave dry as I've switched to the trufeeds, I waxed the insides of the 8s as this improved their feeding tremendously. Any mags that take a hit or get stepped on in the mud I hose off and dry with the spray air cans.

That's about it maintenance wise!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
the difference is the name nothing more.

because tpx is a baseball bat (google it)they had to change it to tipx.

Got this from my tippmann rep.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann