mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #101 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Those are pretty cool, I haven't seen those before. They are a bit more expensive than the D mags, but I like that they have a 16 FS round model. I'm pretty surprised that they can fit FS rounds in the mag that loops them, I'd be worried they get messed up or stuck. I'm also curious how different the mag wells are in comparison to RAP4 or Milsigs comparable types. Since the difference between Milsig and RAP4 aren't that much different, that's why Modern Intel wanted me to see about making one adapter work for both.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #102 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmaprojects View Post
Those are pretty cool, I haven't seen those before. They are a bit more expensive than the D mags, but I like that they have a 16 FS round model. I'm pretty surprised that they can fit FS rounds in the mag that loops them, I'd be worried they get messed up or stuck. I'm also curious how different the mag wells are in comparison to RAP4 or Milsigs comparable types. Since the difference between Milsig and RAP4 aren't that much different, that's why Modern Intel wanted me to see about making one adapter work for both.
scarab arms is a very new company and their marker(s) are not that popular yet, but modern intel had a lot of experience with them. I have no way of telling how the mags will perform with first strikes but from the quality of the marker itself i would guess the mags are very good. Also their releasing mechanism is very different from that of a milsig/rap4.
PaulEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #103 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Good to know. I imagine with the way I setup the quick release on my adapters it wouldn't be too hard.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #104 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Just like to update that I'm getting closer to a final product. Just started on the casting procedures so hopefully within a month I will be casting the first of the RAP4/MilSig adapters and then move on to developing other mag adapters that you guys wanted.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #105 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmaprojects View Post
Just like to update that I'm getting closer to a final product. Just started on the casting procedures so hopefully within a month I will be casting the first of the RAP4/MilSig adapters and then move on to developing other mag adapters that you guys wanted.
Nice!!!!! scarab arms actually have the exact same outer dimension but just a different ball latch, small modifications will enable milsig mag adapters to accept scarab mags, you can also look up modifications for modifying milsig/rap4 guns to fit scarab mags
PaulEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #106 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
YAYYY!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #107 (permalink)

nice project, me likey.

you know, if you would like to save on materials (and cost) you dont need to do the tipx magwell that long. For my FS maverick i made a magwell for tipx mags that's only 2" long and it works just fine (and you get to see if you have more than half of the rounds left as well). just a thought.
devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #108 (permalink)
Sniper Lifer - 68

I'd be really interested in a c98 TPX mag kit.

WFW
wetfootwilley is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann