mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

nope that spring design was changed in order to put rt kits in the marker. the pull spring and pin are in the way. I agree that the old spring design felt better, but it wasn't a cost saving idea.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
nope that spring design was changed in order to put rt kits in the marker. the pull spring and pin are in the way. I agree that the old spring design felt better, but it wasn't a cost saving idea.
I don't follow. My 98custom was RT ready, but had the earlier spring/sear combo.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
I call shenanigans. My 98 has the old style sear spring and a super R/T. I actually refuse to buy the new style sear spring. It irritates me trying to finagle it in.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

Quote:
The part about the design being in the way is incorrect. I have a 98C with the old design that I installed the RT kit on. I have also seen countless 98's that have the old design with RT's.

It might be in the way of the armature pin for the e-trigger though, but I am not sure. Logistically speaking it was a smart move as far as the e-triggers go. It is the same sear and spring for the A5, X7 (non phenom), and 98C variants that can take the e-grip.

Last edited by DarkShadowHunter; 11-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

The new sear was for the egrips, not the RT. My RT'd m98 has the old style. My favorite m98 that I've owned was the old kind. I won't purchase any new tippmanns just because they are half made of plastic now.

The new trigger and sear style feels like garbage. My old m98, after I polished it, had a great feeling trigger that was really smooth, yet crisp, and rather light for a tippmann. My first gilled 98 had a metal power tube and it was one of the first 1000 made, forget the serial number though.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Its funny, the metal power tube is the first thing Tippmann improved, yet everyone feels they need to change it back. Tippmann doesn't make changes to the working of the gun to be cheap, there is generally an improvement involved.
It's funny how many people say that, compared to how many people crack those dinky little plastic tubes. I had an A5 that cracked one before I even put an Egrip on it. Plastic gets brittle in the cold. It's bad enough on just a cold winter day but with CO2? Forget about it. Aluminum may contract a bit but I've never seen a metal tube break or "dent" as you mentioned.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

I have seen a few metal power tubes. None of them were dented from the air pressure and air fluctuations. I have seen a lot of wear marks from them being removed and worked on.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Tippmann doesn't make changes to the working of the gun to be cheap, there is generally an improvement involved.
The change to plastic happened when Tippmann dropped support for siphon tanks. Up to the original M98, siphon tanks were an option on all the semis, and considered "preferred" for rental use, and colder climates.

So what one person my call a "cheapening of the design" another might call "an improvement in effeciency".

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

You guys are right, it was the trigger spring that was changed for the rt, thats what was in the way. it was so long ago I got confused
The sear was changed for the electro kit
My bad.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

This old sear design is intriguing. Do any of you know if it is possible to adapt the old sear and spring to the A5's?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann