mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

Having the same issues here with my TPX. Here was the response i got from tippmann:

"The TPX will not get high velocity using compressed air. I would recommend going back to Co2."

Why the **** are they marketing the thing as being able to run HPA or C02?
balls don't break at 240fps. If i cant mark my opponent then the marker doesnt "run"

I suppose I can just as easely run my 9oz c02 tank to my remote line. would be lighter anyways.
derr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

i know it may sound weird, what about using the stock bolt....it's the only variable I can think of.
Ziggymarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Install the Techt TPX bolt, I am shooting at 270 fps using a 13/3000 with remote! and shooting at 325 fps if i use co2.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

My tpx runs air and with a tech t bolt as well, no trouble getting 280+ and will shoot 275 all day long.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yeah, 12g efficiency with the MRT seems to be a mixed bag as far as results go but it definitely seems to work well with HPA.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Since this original post, I had sold the TPX but recently bought another. I plan on running it with just 12 Grams but will eventually use bulk air again. I do plan on running a 9oz tank or something.

For the record though. The tests that I ran were with both the stock bolt and the Techt with the same results. It drove me crazy for a while up to the point of selling the damn thing.

Some comments above are correct. Tippmann marketed the ability to use HPA with the TIPX and that is sorta true; but it wont reach the same velocity as with CO2. The best you will get is 250 - 260. I am not sure what those who claim that they get in the 270's - 280's range did to their guns, tanks or are their claims backed by testing or contreversy for the sake of playing "Devils Advocate"

The only thing that I didnt try is raising the output pressure of the HPA tank. The Ninja tank I was running had an out put pressure of 850. If I would raise that to say; 900, I am thinking it should raise my velocity.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

I also had the same issue with the Techt Bolt, i was getting the same fps using Co2 or HPA, and could get a max of 250-260 fps. I end up getting in touch with Todd at TechT and told me to send it in. He got it and tried several different bolts and it kept breaking them. He made a new bolt and now i am getting 270-280 fps with HPA and 325 fps with CO2 12 grams. Not sure exactly what he did but he got it to where i need it with the New Techt bolt. I am also using a .687 Flasc barrel with paint that is about .682,

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
Since this original post, I had sold the TPX but recently bought another. I plan on running it with just 12 Grams but will eventually use bulk air again. I do plan on running a 9oz tank or something.

For the record though. The tests that I ran were with both the stock bolt and the Techt with the same results. It drove me crazy for a while up to the point of selling the damn thing.

Some comments above are correct. Tippmann marketed the ability to use HPA with the TIPX and that is sorta true; but it wont reach the same velocity as with CO2. The best you will get is 250 - 260. I am not sure what those who claim that they get in the 270's - 280's range did to their guns, tanks or are their claims backed by testing or contreversy for the sake of playing "Devils Advocate"

The only thing that I didnt try is raising the output pressure of the HPA tank. The Ninja tank I was running had an out put pressure of 850. If I would raise that to say; 900, I am thinking it should raise my velocity.
If I get out to the field sunday, and remember, I will make a vid. I bought my tpx used so I don't know if the previous owner did anything with it, but as far as I know it's a low serial # stock tpx with a tech t mrt bolt.
I opened up my empty 12g with a drill bit so the hole is a bit bigger than the pierce pin, and run a ninja 13k. But it really has no problem making the chrono beep and will hold ~170-175 pretty consistently.

Mine also had the older style adapter on the side of the regulator (the removable one) not sure if this could be the issue, though other than too much oil/grease or improper assembly/missing parts I don't know what it could be.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Quit shootin' my swoosh.

CCM Fan
I'm reviving this thread in hopes of seeing if anyone found a solution to this problem, I'm a little tired of the weight of my T8 so I'm looking at picking up another TiPX.

So before I drop $200, has anyone else had success with running compressed air through a remote for this pistol?

I got as much balls as a roman candle.

Exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

I guess the newer runs on TiPX's have that low velocity issue with HPA. Tippmann themselves admitted it. What I did was sell the TiPX and bought a T8.1 with remote. Sure it's a heavier setup, but shoots smoother, no problem on Hpa, and better quality overall in my opinion.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann