mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'm just wondering what the hangup is with HPA... The dump chamber doesn't seem to be all that small, and even the stock bolt looks to be at least as free-flowing as your typical 'Mag bolt, so I'm just not sure where the issue comes in that gives them problems with achieving velocity on HPA. I mean, for me, 250-260 is ok as that's normally what I run my pistols at anyway, but now I'm just curious for curiosity's sake. Never did get around to testing my undermount ASA setup with HPA over the chrono, maybe I'll have to try it now that I have a Python kit to play with too.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

Im sure a lighter bolt or spring will get it to the level you need. I couldnt get mine fast enough on HPA to get any breaks from 20 feet away. The stock setup wont cut it on HPA as is tho.
derr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
hows the BK Bolt with first strikes?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jedi

I run my tpx's off hpa, and I generally get about 250fps depending on paint and barrel. Valken graffiti in my lapco BSA's (.687) can shoot in the 270s but usually sticks around 265 though. (chrono'd) (I think the extra inch on the lapco barrel in addition to a tight paint/bore fit helps with velocity a bit if you're normally using the stock tpx barrel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derr12 View Post
Im sure a lighter bolt or spring will get it to the level you need. I couldnt get mine fast enough on HPA to get any breaks from 20 feet away. The stock setup wont cut it on HPA as is tho.
I don't know how that's possible, unless you have really hard paint. When I was chrono'd at about 240 I was still getting breaks at 100 feet with my good paint, consistently. My cheap midnight paint is pretty hard, but still breaks at 20 feet even at 230fps...usually.

Oddly enough, I can get my TPX to hit 360-370fps on HPA when I close down the pressure relief all the way valve and crank the velocity pretty high. Sometimes it won't shoot, or takes a few pulls but it does it. The weird thing, is that I can't get it to shoot anywhere BETWEEN 270-340 consistently.

All stock internals

Last edited by Skywalker; 01-10-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot to write about barrel
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
. The weird thing, is that I can't get it to shoot anywhere BETWEEN 270-340 consistently.

All stock internals
When I use my TPX on HPA its very inconsistent. I get it tuned and its chronos between 235-280.
Its way better with 12 grams I can get it to sit at 270-275ish.

I cant stand HPA on it(mainly because of the remote and its angle) I only used it because its way easier to play indoors with a remote against speedballers.
Everyone dive bombs me when Im changing 12 grams

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 View Post
When I use my TPX on HPA its very inconsistent. I get it tuned and its chronos between 235-280.
Its way better with 12 grams I can get it to sit at 270-275ish.

I cant stand HPA on it(mainly because of the remote and its angle) I only used it because its way easier to play indoors with a remote against speedballers.
Everyone dive bombs me when Im changing 12 grams
I built a mount rig with my 13ci right on the tpx, so no remote line. pretty consistent velocity at 240's though, dialed the velocity adjuster down then back up to 240-250 rather than trying to get it to shoot 280 (which resulted in what you explained)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Lazy, Shift-less Bastard.

Brass N Wood Fan
Skywalker, were you at the old school game at BFO with the tan tipx and the side mounted 13ci setup like you were talking about?

This kids got more mags than a new york city newspaper stand.

Anyone tried the techt spring kit on this? Idk just a thought. Its only 15 dollars so its not a total dive for someone to find the solution lol
grandpa_813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

So Ive learned that my TiPX will either shoot 250 or under or 340+. Pick one not anything in between. using HPA, stock everything
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Paint churner

CCM Fan
Mine shoots 270-280 on a ninja tank with the shims out. Its all stock. At first it was only shooting at 230-240. I increase the velocity up til it leaked and turn the relief til it stopped and rechrono. I did that til it got to the 270-280 limit with leak.
dirtraven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #40 (permalink)

5 months ago When I first used my TPX I could shoot 280-290 with valken redemption using HPA. I now shoot GI 2 star or 3 star and only get 240-250. Stock everything
Sea Rhinoceros is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann