mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tippmann Pro Lite Project

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I decided to join after seeing so many posts about Pro Lites and Pro carbines. I have an old Pro Lite and I would like to be a little different than the average player and make it a little better for speed ball/rec games. What I am looking to do is put a normal Pro Carbine frame on it and a vertical asa adapter. The problem is I have no idea where to find these parts since these guns are so old. Do any of you guys have any idea where I can buy these parts? Thanks in advance!
bigwurmstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Uhh... you're trying to play speedball with a semi with something like a 10 lb trigger?

Well it would never break if someone playing with it threw it at the ground... lol

I would stick to tactical improvements and a new barrel. The barrel threading is the same as on the A5.

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Knock it all you want I had 3 friends in high school win 2 years in a row win their local 3 man novice league using all Tippmanns. 2 were pro carbines upgrades in a similar way of what I am thinking and the other was an A5. They were the only team that used co2 or mechanical guns... Also the gun already has a 14 inch aftermarket barrel I am just looking at getting rid of the crappy pro lite frame that has the asa built on to the bottom of it and put a vertical regulator on it. Any idea where I might find these parts?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Tippmann Upgrades

On this page, in the right column, near the bottom, is your best, albeit most expensive, option.

Or you can put any procarb grip frame on. I have a procarb grip frame with a cut trigger guard and no internals that you could swap the prolite's internals into. Paypal me a few bucks for shipping and its yours. Add the two finger trigger that's pictured next to the above frame, and you'll have your second best, much cheaper option.

As far as Vert adapters, are you looking for the 15* or the straig one? Post in the wtb here and be patient. Tippmannparts.com had the 15* ones recently, check there.

As far as a regulator, all it'll likely do is starve the gun.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

The toughest part of putting a vertical asa on a prolite is that it has a floating valve (the whole valve jiggles back and forth every time you shoot) so you can't really thread an adapter directly into the valve like you can on the 68 carbine and procarbine. You would have to find the tippmann "mini-lite" vertical adapter that has a flexible hose to connect to your valve. The the same vertical adapters were used on the 68-carbines and pro-carbines, but they used solid brass/copper lines that wont flex when the valve moves.

I think the easies thing to do would be to keep an eye out on here or ebay for a 68-carbine or pro-carbine that already has a vertical setup (will cost you about $45-$60). Keep your nice barrel and sell your pro-lite. You'll recoup about $30-$40. Plus, the valves in the 68/pro carbines perform better than the prolites.

I've actually got a few procarbine frames, double triggers, and 1/8 to female ASA fittings I could sell you, but I just don't think it would be worth it to you. If you want to work out a trade for a complete pro-carbine for your pro-lite plus cash, I would be glad to do that too.

Sorry, I started off giving advice, then I moved on to try to sell you stuff. Not my intention, I'm just trying give you some options.
sethumich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass N Wood Fan
so .......you want a carbine trigger frame ? i have one spare ... but can ya just switch it off ??

** i maintain 3rd shift hours so if i dont respond right away during the day - ya know why

my feedback :

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=488994
randall ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

Yes the pro carb frame will match up with the pro lite, I will suggest a longer air line as the standard procarb braided line is a little tight to your fingers.

Name:  HPNX0714.JPG
Views: 1336
Size:  114.5 KB
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethumich View Post
The the same vertical adapters were used on the 68-carbines and pro-carbines, but they used solid brass/copper lines that wont flex when the valve moves..
Use this vert adapter with the prolite, but replce tha harline with SS braided.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have also read a little online about people talking about polishing internals? What exactly will this help improve on? I understand polishing trigger parts will smooth out and lighten the trigger pull to an extent but should other things be polished as well or just the trigger parts? Most of the posts I have seen don't really get into what they use to polish or what exactly they polish they just mention doing it. Thanks everyone for all your help so far.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass N Wood Fan
let me dig it out for ya - give me a day or so - kinda hectic with the move and all

** i maintain 3rd shift hours so if i dont respond right away during the day - ya know why

my feedback :

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=488994
randall ace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann