mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #171 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most lever changers have an adjustment for that.
Unfortunately it's a screw, so it requires stopping and adjusting the pistol by hand. I used to buy my 12ies by the 100, then sort through them as I watched tv from longest to shortest. Then i'd use them in that order and as soon as I felt things start to loosen I could crank a half turn.

A super duty coil spring around a sliding post with the cup for end of the 12ie on it could adjust the 6-7mm that is required without adjustment I always thought.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #172 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Back in action, sorry for the delay. I have been unpacking and organizing. I got some more drawings for you guys. This is showing the drop out on the bottom and the lever on the side. There is a slight difference in the body on the two pictures around the co2 chamber. Keep coming with all the helpful suggestions, Rick is creeping on here so he see's all your posts. We did add some weight reducing cuts on the front slide and the frame so that we can try to take some weight off the final product.

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #173 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Best project ever...looking good!

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #174 (permalink)

CCM Fan
That my friend is a sick a## sidearm hands down... Is the lever will be in the left or right side?
extreme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #175 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thats looking really good!

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #176 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Just another thought about a side drop out versus an under-
A side drop out can have a small hole on the opposite side of the drop out so you can easily pop out stuck 12g's with the tip of a fresh 12g.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #177 (permalink)
MCB Member

A word about weight and all IMO!

Those cuts are beautiful, but weight in a pistol of this type should be priority 7 or 8. You'd have to solder tire weights to this thing to get it to weigh what a loaded T8 weighs. Differences in weight in any pistol under 3lbs is one of those things that exist only in advertising. Noone ever complained about the sydarm at 2.8 pounds, just the opposite, anything lighter was looked down on as too 'toylike'.
Did Palmer have any problem selling squalls at 4lbs empty? No.
Your target audience in this case is looking for a beautiful melding of form and function, not a stripped down race gun.

Make it look good to you, don't do ONE thing to this pistol that you don't want to do because of weight! You'll regret it!

Again, In My Opinion!

EDIT: I know I'm a fanatic and I apologize, but I tossed the zeus and gave mine away to a kid at the field because loading it caused me to have to totally abandon my aiming during loads(in that case paint), as does a bottom dropout with co2. Turning a pistol upside down or releasing the grip are things I'd rather not have to do. That being said, it's no dealbreaker, I can use a bottom dropout if I have to.
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 05-20-2012 at 09:37 PM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #178 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
A word about weight and all IMO!

Those cuts are beautiful, but weight in a pistol of this type should be priority 7 or 8. You'd have to solder tire weights to this thing to get it to weigh what a loaded T8 weighs. Differences in weight in any pistol under 3lbs is one of those things that exist only in advertising. Noone ever complained about the sydarm at 2.8 pounds, just the opposite, anything lighter was looked down on as too 'toylike'.
Did Palmer have any problem selling squalls at 4lbs empty? No.
Your target audience in this case is looking for a beautiful melding of form and function, not a stripped down race gun.

Make it look good to you, don't do ONE thing to this pistol that you don't want to do because of weight! You'll regret it!

Again, In My Opinion!

EDIT: I know I'm a fanatic and I apologize, but I tossed the zeus and gave mine away to a kid at the field because loading it caused me to have to totally abandon my aiming during loads(in that case paint), as does a bottom dropout with co2. Turning a pistol upside down or releasing the grip are things I'd rather not have to do. That being said, it's no dealbreaker, I can use a bottom dropout if I have to.
Rob
Love ur position on weight. I one hand my RT classic and my palmerized cocker all the time, so a weighty pistol would nice to me. I find with the TPX being so light, I sometimes overswing my targets.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #179 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Everything is in test stages so I appreciate the feedback. It won't be light as a feather in any means but it won't be a boat anchor either. We are just trying to find that happy medium. More updated pictures from Rick

Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #180 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

It looks like we are going to make a physical model soon of the grip to hold and pass around. It will be made of wood or plastic just to feel how the frame feels. Will keep you guys updated

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann