mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
anyone ever measure the angle of the current TPX grip? Might be close enough to say a CZ's to be able to adapt that format.
45s don't look too out of place on them, Eric Engler did these.

"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call my self a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That , it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein
bloodwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I have done alot of thinking about this lately and though I have always preferred the side dropout for my own pistols, all the troubles with the SA-17 say it's a liability nightmare. I can't imagine a safety for it that wouldn't defeat the purpose, so I guess I can no longer back the dropout.

The main problem with turning the co2 plug while a 12gram is charged, is leverage. The plug is blocked by the swell of the body up to the front sightpost screw as well as the end of the barrel. The fingers can only grasp the bottom half of the plug.
By moving the pierce pin housing muzzlewards(using a longer brass tube), you could move the plug out from under the barrel or use a longer gripped plug.
With a grip full around the plug it's doable to pop co2s early.

Rob
Lever changers aren't safe for paste eaters. For anyone with half a brain they're fine. Anything is better than what the TPX uses now. Hell even a CCI quick changer is better imo.

Metal extended mags would weight to much. Make them out of plastic like the current ones are.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Hell even a CCI quick changer is better imo.
I know if would ruin the pistol like silhouette but maybe just the constant air adapter kit installed in the new bodies automatically and a Bucket changer out the back(like rear air Carter nelson) would make for an awesome pistol.

Easy mag changes and Easy air changes. That along with an improved grip would be pretty amazing.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #34 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

I'm kinda bent on the idea of making a FMG9(Magpull's Folding Machine Gun) body. Possibly able to fold. Probably shouldn't try to make it fold, but the compact stock will add serious accuracy points.

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I have done alot of thinking about this lately and though I have always preferred the side dropout for my own pistols, all the troubles with the SA-17 say it's a liability nightmare. I can't imagine a safety for it that wouldn't defeat the purpose, so I guess I can no longer back the dropout.

The main problem with turning the co2 plug while a 12gram is charged, is leverage. The plug is blocked by the swell of the body up to the front sightpost screw as well as the end of the barrel. The fingers can only grasp the bottom half of the plug.
By moving the pierce pin housing muzzlewards(using a longer brass tube), you could move the plug out from under the barrel or use a longer gripped plug.
With a grip full around the plug it's doable to pop co2s early.

Rob
You know it's funny, because so far the only gun I've ever managed to accidentally launch a full 12g across the room with has been my TPX!

It was the first time I had put the 1/4-20 screw in the CO2 cap, and I didn't quite have a firm grip on the plug as I twisted it... Sucker went right past the halfway step somehow , dropped, and out came the 12g rocket. You'd think with an SA17(lever), DSG(lever), and the two dropout Zeuses I'd have managed to do it somehow, but nope. Just the TPX lol....

To keep this relatively on topic, I think the best mod for the CO2 cap would be to mill a slot right across the front, and pin a square bar on one end, and recess a magnet into the cap on the other side. This would give you a small lever that would fold out from the cap to give more leverage to twist it. Sort of like a retractable version of the screw mod I did in the TPX thread linked in my sig.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

The local shop sold out of both Tpx's so ordering my own on Monday. So Wednesday we will be doing some measuring and at least try to get a rapid prototype going. Also working on the c02 issue and extended mags as well.

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

To keep this relatively on topic, I think the best mod for the CO2 cap would be to mill a slot right across the front, and pin a square bar on one end, and recess a magnet into the cap on the other side. This would give you a small lever that would fold out from the cap to give more leverage to twist it. Sort of like a retractable version of the screw mod I did in the TPX thread linked in my sig.
Pretty much what I was thinking. No dropout slot.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
If you have a magnetic dropout lever make the plug square to match the lines better.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Well we are getting closer to a design. What would you guys think of a micro smg? We would make extended mags as well and we haven't forgot about the co2 plus issue either something like this

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by storminnorman View Post
Well we are getting closer to a design. What would you guys think of a micro smg? We would make extended mags as well and we haven't forgot about the co2 plus issue either something like this
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...line&safe=1&zw
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i....2&disp=thd&zw
pics aren't working for me.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann