mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

C3?

Oh-Kay folks, I just bought a C3 off of the BST here. One of those things where I always wanted one. Downside, I know next to nothing about these markers. Anything to watch out for? Any advice?

Thanks,

Breg
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Oh-Kay folks, I just bought a C3 off of the BST here. One of those things where I always wanted one. Downside, I know next to nothing about these markers. Anything to watch out for? Any advice?

Thanks,

Breg
Don't have a cigarette while it's leaking.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Don't have a cigarette while it's leaking.
No Cigarettes, are cigars ok?
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan

Insert one of these into the ASA.

Don't smoke when shooting or while it's leaking

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
MilSim

use some lube when you first get it on the o-rings on the body/barrel (its one piece)
also, once you've connected your propane and put in a new AAA battery, back the ASA/reg all the way out and then in 1/2 turn increments pump and fire until it fires. yes it will smell like propane as you pump and it doesn't fire. do this outside! once it actually fires it will be loud as hell! pump and fire a few more times to make sure you got it dialed in. you will need to do this each time you play (its like CO2, temp and humidity effect consistency) If you need any more help shoot me a PM i've been running my C3 for awhile and its pretty fun and it gets lots of looks
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bubble bubble...

Tell all the rental players "Don't try this at home!" as you screw in the propane, and scream something along the lines of "LET'S HAVE US A BARBEQUE!!!!" every time you go to play a game. Apart from the regulator trick, just keep her maintained like you would with any other marker, and you'll be fine!
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If you decide for whatever reason to take it apart, don't ever hold the electronics and activate the igniter, really ****ty electric shock. Also, experiment with different oils and greases and see what keeps the pump stroke smooth for the longest, I used to use Hater Sauce but it just seems to burn up and char, Dow 55 has worked pretty well so far. You can also try to grease the underside of the barrel/top of the pump handle, to smooth the stroke a bit.

Don't shoot it indoors if you value your eardrums. Make sure you keep the top three body screws tight because the breech and barrel are connected and held in by the body, if it slides out even a couple of mm's you won't be able to get it to feed. Make a habit of pumping it repeatedly after taking the tank off, it doesn't vent the propane until you do it, not a great idea to have it lying around charged. Also I'm not certain but I think its bad for the igniter if you leave it stored away with a battery in, since I left mine with a battery in unused for about 2 months, and when I came back the igniter was dead.
Cookybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann