mcarterbrown.com
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Tacamo Kits

Just ordered a tacamo mag fed tippmann 98, which should be in next week. Does anyone have any experience with them? Pros? Cons?
garrettbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
My Hands Shake
 
Fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wixom, Michigan

All I know is that when I want to buy them for my A5, they're sold out for months.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
All I know is that when I want to buy them for my A5, they're sold out for months.
I bought mine off eBay, because the 98 set was also sold out on RAP4 too.
garrettbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
leperchaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand rapids Michigan

I have one for a a5 and the only problem I have had is the mag dose not like brittle paint other than that t have had no problems with it.

Tim
leperchaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007

x 7 phenom

I have one on my phenom and it is OK.

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
I have one on my phenom and it is OK.

Swamp
Describe "OK"
garrettbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007

OK

Ok meaning that it does what it is promoted to do but it doesn't do it perfectly.

MY biggest gripe other than some fit and finish issues like holes that did not quite line up properly (My kit was the preorder so I hope by now they have corrected those issues) is that the mags jam up quite a bit. They have videos about how you have to select and position each paintball to avoid a jam but my feeling is how about designing a mag that works properly with a quick loading on a paintball not a slow and meticulous loading.

Swamp
Swamp Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
Ok meaning that it does what it is promoted to do but it doesn't do it perfectly.

MY biggest gripe other than some fit and finish issues like holes that did not quite line up properly (My kit was the preorder so I hope by now they have corrected those issues) is that the mags jam up quite a bit. They have videos about how you have to select and position each paintball to avoid a jam but my feeling is how about designing a mag that works properly with a quick loading on a paintball not a slow and meticulous loading.

Swamp
Hopefully they've fixed those issues by now! Thanks for your input!
garrettbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC