mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tippmann (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tippmann/)
-   -   Phenom Problem (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tippmann/227557-phenom-problem.html)

Murf425 02-28-2013 07:28 PM

Phenom Problem

So I've got a teammate's Phenom sitting on my workbench 'cause he didn't feel like trying to figure out how to fix it. And since I know jack-all about them, I figured I'd ask before I tore into it, just in case it's a simple fix.

Here's what I've got:

- powers up
- 'noid clicks on all fire modes
- airs up with no leaks
- cocks
- doesn't trip the sear

Basically, it's acting like the air isn't getting from the ASA to the valve. Is there a common "dumbass put the ____ in backwards" tendency on these guns? I already troubleshot his Spyder that had the bumper in the wrong place, so it wouldn't surprise me.

PistolRogue 03-01-2013 03:11 AM

Phenoms dont HAVE a sear.... Nor do they "cock". So I'm confused. You're dealing with a blow-forward spool, similar to a 'Mag. What happens when you turn the selector to mech mode? Anything?

Sounds like the reg might just not be turned up enough. I'm not sure how you adjust that as I've never dealt with one either but I know their valve is similar enough to a TPX. Follow the manual on Tippmann's site and you should be able to figure it out.

Murf425 03-01-2013 10:25 PM

Ok...so now that I know "X7" and "Phenom" are not synonymous...

Same description of the problem, but it's an electronic X7. Cock it, air it up, pull the trigger...and the hammer and bolt drop, but there's no air behind them.

PistolRogue 03-02-2013 04:34 AM

Ah, that makes much more sense.

I really don't know what could cause that, but the first place I'd look would be the powertube/valve/tombstone area. It almost sounds as if something is blocking the cupseal from moving away from the valve body, I don't know what could possibly do that. Also check hammer fitment into the back of the powertube, maybe the hammer oring expanded and it's stopping at the back of the powertube instead of going into it and hitting the valve pin?

nofxkid2005 03-04-2013 05:32 PM

Is the bolt/hammer actually cycling completely? As in the bolt moves all the way into the barrel lug, and the hammer strikes the valve? If not, his detent is in backwards and is catching the bolt as it moves forward...

PistolRogue 03-06-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 (Post 2643593)
Is the bolt/hammer actually cycling completely? As in the bolt moves all the way into the barrel lug, and the hammer strikes the valve? If not, his detent is in backwards and is catching the bolt as it moves forward...

Dammit, can't believe I forgot to suggest that. Good call, could very likely be the issue! :clapping:

Murf425 03-06-2013 07:11 AM

Cool. I'll check that when I get home next week. I'm going to have to give him grief if that's it.

BigOldSkool 03-06-2013 10:40 PM

Ball detent might be in backwards too...