mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Cyclone feed question.

Playing yesterday on hp air everyone in a while I would get a dry fire manual load it fires fine again for a while seems to be on full auto when it happens. Ratchet assembly is fine all orings ok and freshly lubed. My question is the banjo bolts. I found the one bolt on the body the screwdriver slot was not in line with the macro line but on the feeder it is in line. Aren't they supposed to be in line with the macro tube? Could that have been part of the problem not enough air to feed the cyclone at a faster rate?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Did the gun shoot like it was on full auto? If so that's because you need a new main spring, higher pressure, or to lube the gun. Basically the hammer isn't being blown back far enough to catch the sear.

The cyclone wouldn't be able to load a ball in that case because the front bolt either isn't cycling fully or is moving too fast. The cyclone also wouldn't be getting enough pressure since it runs off the blow back gas.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

No everything worked fine I'm using an e trigger and it worked fine in all modes semi it worked ok but it seems like in full auto was when I had the problem. All new springs and orings in the internals everything lubed . Velocity was at 275
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
This also may be partially caused by the rate of fire you are using on the egrip. If the marker is outrunning the cyclone, you will get very odd feed problems like you are describing.

As far as I know, the orientation of the screwdriver slot to the macro fitting doesnt make a difference. You may want to try enlarging the size of the line feeding the cyclone up to 1/8" line from the 1/16" line it runs from the factory. This will improve volume of air being supplied to the feed.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann