mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

Rear cap

Tippmann Pro Carbine End Cap PA 05 Paintball Marker | eBay

A little high in my opinion but there is a make an offer button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Ahh whoops... I thought the Pro Carb was excellent with siphon'd CO2... Oh well, I'm sure it'll still run great on regular CO2 lol. Good think I didn't install a siphon in my tank.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

TinyBear, what kind of drop are you running on this? And wherw are you located, I would love to give that shop a call about that kit! Thanks

And thanks for all the good info here. I really appreciate it.
djeclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pump Convert

CP Microdrop or something? Looks pretty similar:
Custom Products Micro Razor Drop Forward - Black
Old 07-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

To be honest I'm not 100% on what drop it is had it laying round in one of my bags of parts for a while from one my older Automag projects. It's either a shock tech micro or a cp something can't remember.

As for were the shop I seen the kit it's called FLAGRAIDERS paintball in cambridge Ontario. The owner there is got ALOT of old school stuff ands been in business since paintballs beginning. Great bunch of guys and have a pretty big Web paintball show Behind The Bunker.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I have ran a pro carbine as my primary for 2 years now. Love it! The best thing you can do for this gun is buy an HPA tank for it. Brings it some consistency and accuracy. Some other things you can easily do if your a little handy is to remove the rear cap and look at the end that was just inside the gun. You will notice an inset in the cap where the spring pin usually sets. Drill through that, then thread the hole you just made. I forget the exact size but whatever size tap seems to fit best will work. Then go to your local hardware store and find a set screw to fit. Best $1.29 I've spent on the gun.

Also: This is tricky if your not use to working on these guns, so beware. I found that even with the homemade RVA, the stock velocity adjuster, and a soft spring from a model 98 sping kit that I could not get the BPS to drop below 290+. So I removed the valve from the gun, then removed the clip from the rear of the valve (not a c-clip, more of a key-ring like fastener). This is made easier if you push in the brass plug with something to remove the pressure from the clip. Once the clip is out, you can remove the guts of the valve. (3 pieces: Brass plug, spring and valve cup/pin). Now, carefully stretch that spring (careful not to bend). Mine bent a little at one end, so I put that end up against the brass plug (not the cup seal, or it may not seal correctly). The goal here is to stretch that spring back out and make it harder for the hammer to release pressure when you pull the trigger. It may be a good idea to measure the spring to make sure you actually do some good. Once your done, replace the o-ring on the brass plug reassemble the valve and re install it. I did this to my gun and was then able to adjust my BPS to a reasonable rate (265~).
Old 07-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If your wanting to know what will fit the pro carbine from other tippmann guns. The procarbine and A5 share the same barrel threads (but not the 98). All 3 guns share the same hammer spring (but not trigger spring) and I imagine the same spring pin but not sure. The 98 cocking knob will fit a pro carbine but a pro carbine cocking knob will not fit a 98. The linkage arm that connects the front bolt to the rear hammer are the same for 98's, procarbines, and I think pro lites also. 98, A5, and pro carbine detents are universal. Grips for most tippmanns should all be the same. Here is a old, but good site for some other pro carbine tricks. mods
Old 07-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Technically, Pro/Carbine uses the Pro-Lite, 68 Carbine, Pro/Carbine threads, now it is dubbed "A5/X7" threads. Be extremely careful when choosing A5/X7 barrels though. I have found out if the barrel company do not cut the back end (threads area) of the barrel short enough, the front bolt will actually slam into the back of the barrel and get stuck thus causing cycling problems. So far I have found out the Deadlywind Null barrel does this, but Lapco and J&J are still good. I currently run a 12 inch J&J Ceramic on my Pro/Carbine.

And as a fellow Pro/Carbine owner, I can say there isn't much upgrades anymore. Depending on your style; Milsim or Tourney, there are somethings you could play around with. If you look at my sig, I have gone through the Milsim phase with my Pro/Carbine, and I am now at the speedball phase. Right now, for me, it's a matter of keeping it simple and basic. My current speedball setup on my "Pro/Carbine" has a custom cut feedneck/hand guard, Palmers Stabilizer, and an Allen Paintball grip frame. I also have a mini SP drop forward with a mini CP on/off ASA.

More Pictures here.

As far as where to get parts, eBay would be your best bet. I still saw an Allen Paintball grip frame on there before, and I just recently picked up my J&J barrel from eBay too. Palmers still carries the Stabilizer, I highly recommend that, since the Vertical Air Adapter kit is pretty rare these days. The Palmers Stabilizer has been with my P/C since the CO2 days and now I am using HPA with it, and it still works fantastically.

Matt's Pro/Carbine page: Matt's Pro/Carbine Page has some really cool mods you can do. It is where I learned the feedneck mod.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ZZ rai; 07-08-2013 at 01:32 AM.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Ahhh thank you for that link. I lost it and have been trying to find it forever.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Listed on Ebay currently are refurbished grip/feednecks and refurbished trigger grips.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann