mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I won a Crossover! Thoughts and advice?

My local paintball field had a food drive, and I won a Crossover! Yay! Seems a heck of a lot nicer than my Spyder MR-100 - got to play with it some yesterday. The manual is a bit thick, and I need to go over it more.

1. Is there any way to get a sling on this thing? The marker itself seems light, but I'm used to a sling, and my HPA tank is on the heavy side. When our field has another lady's day, I'd like to let my 66-yr old mother use it, but she'll definitely need a sling or for me to get a smaller tank...

2. I think its missing the feed neck clamp? And there was no o-ring for the barrel? I guess this sort of thing happens, so can I just get a generic part? Are there maintenance kits?

3. I primarily play woods/rec ball, so the advanced mode seems like overkill. But, that's the mode that had the eyes, right? And I've been told one of the electric firing modes is meant to emulate semi-auto fire. Is that worth looking into? I don't understand the alphabet soup of firing modes. Also, I absolutely do not want to light someone up by accident!

4. My friends were suggesting I get a powered hopper for the Spyder, so i guess i might look into one now. I've got a big gravity feed and a little tac cap, so... It is frustrating to just shoot air a time or two before i realize, "oh, need to shake again."

Anything else? It seems like a great marker! I wasn't planning to get a new one til i had been playing for a year, but hey, no complaints.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

1: There really isn't a mounting point, or way to add any point for a sling. That is unless you add barrel shrouds or something similar.

2:Can you snap a pic of the missing clamping feedneck? The marker has an internal oring so one is not needed on the barrel.

3: I find that mine is a great mech shooter, so I don't use the electronic modes. I have tried using it though. I find the stock programming a little lacking as well as a little confusing. I also find the board constantly draws, so its extremely easy to kill batteries.

4: I use a Rotor on mine, so chops are not really a concern. If you can, I would suggest picking up some kind of force fed hopper. It will help quite a bit in general.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

I want to see a pic of his 66 year old mother playing paintball..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
1: There really isn't a mounting point, or way to add any point for a sling. That is unless you add barrel shrouds or something similar.
Ah, shucks. Thanks...

Quote:
2:Can you snap a pic of the missing clamping feedneck? The marker has an internal oring so one is not needed on the barrel.
My friend says he might have one, and is contacting Tippmann. Its in the manual - keeps the clamp together, but wasn't there.

Quote:
3: I find that mine is a great mech shooter, so I don't use the electronic modes. I have tried using it though. I find the stock programming a little lacking as well as a little confusing. I also find the board constantly draws, so its extremely easy to kill batteries.
Cool, cool. That's good to hear.

Quote:
4: I use a Rotor on mine, so chops are not really a concern. If you can, I would suggest picking up some kind of force fed hopper. It will help quite a bit in general.
I'll probably get one after a bit. Need to let my funds build up. Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

If you're on a budget, the Valken V-Max or the Empire Halo Too are both solid choices. I use a Rotor because I also shoot electros. If you wanna buy used, there's absolutely nothing wrong with picking up an old Revolution. Great agitated hopper.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Look into one of those universal single point slings that have the gun's attachment point mounted to a short tether. The tether either loops through itself, or wraps around the gun secured to itself by velcro.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Look into one of those universal single point slings that have the gun's attachment point mounted to a short tether. The tether either loops through itself, or wraps around the gun secured to itself by velcro.
Oh, wow, that would be great! Would a gun store have that? Pretty much every online paintball store I've been to has been a horror to navigate or find things with

Whereas I can think of two local gun shops
Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
I want to see a pic of his 66 year old mother playing paintball..
This lol

And congrats on your win
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=251262160712

Sorry, I forgot I posted something here.

If you are wanting to try to search for a cheaper price, look up "Condor 1 point sling". You may find one cheaper on ebay, as I only linked the one so you can see the piece that straps around the gun. The plastic latch on the main sling will attatch to one of two harnesses that come with it; either the nylon loop like we're talking about, or the short harness with the metal clasp. The pics from ebay show the sling attached to the metal clasp, and the nylon loop to the side.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=251262160712

Sorry, I forgot I posted something here.

If you are wanting to try to search for a cheaper price, look up "Condor 1 point sling". You may find one cheaper on ebay, as I only linked the one so you can see the piece that straps around the gun. The plastic latch on the main sling will attatch to one of two harnesses that come with it; either the nylon loop like we're talking about, or the short harness with the metal clasp. The pics from ebay show the sling attached to the metal clasp, and the nylon loop to the side.
Thank you!

Right now its gone into the team armory. It was taken into play yesterday during a tournament, and we had a lot of fun! Its great having enough markers for everyone

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann