mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

TiPX Speed Mag Loader

Introducing the...

TiPX Speed Mag Loader

I've had this idea for well over a year but it has gone nowhere until now. I tried to get super_stanchy to make me a custom one but he didn't have the time a year ago to do it. But this year the Zetamags came out and they renewed my interest in this project.

Basically, I taken super_stanchy Speed Loader and cut a notche into it and added a rubberband (Note to self need thicker stronger rubberband). For a stock TiPX mag I added a hook to pull back the mag's ball release, but, the Zetamags don't need no stinking hook. That because the Zeta's ball release is set higher and activates when its pressed on the lip of the loader.

This year I've been running with a tube and a speed loader to fill ten round tubes, Now I've added the Speed Mag Loader to the other end. lol

Check it...

Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's pretty sick! I can definitely see how that would work. I should make something like that for my own Zetas
hipboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here you go my first youtube video ever.

I'll do a write up later I'm finding it hard to take close-up pictures of a white item.

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2T1UZkY6kU

TiPX Speed Mag Loader - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">TiPX Speed Mag Loader - YouTube&fs=1" />TiPX Speed Mag Loader - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiPX Speed Mag Loader - YouTube

edit: how do you embed a youtube video?

Last edited by Wash; 07-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
T-T

Awesome. May be stealing this idea if pistol play keeps me interested.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Very clever
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

There's a backpack/pod thingy that came out one year. Same concept, except this might catch on...

Good idea
Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, Wash, now I figured out what it is you have done! (You have omitted a ton of steps in your explanation, but the idea is great). So, Wash, correct me when I'm wrong and fill in the blanks, if you would:
  1. Take any electronic hopper with "eyes" (Super_Stanchy used a "Rotor" and was also advocating for the "Egg" [Viewloader eVLution]
  2. Take a pouch that can house that hopper
  3. Attach 2 "Speed Sticks" (as Super_Stanchy calls it) in series via a a flexible shape-holding tube of some sort (that's where Wash needs to explain what he used and where he got it from)
  4. Use a remote line cover to use as a sleeve for the entire "Speed Stick"-to-hose-to-"Speed Stick" assembly
  5. Fit one "Speed Stick" onto the hopper's feed neck (which should, probably, be sticking downward through the pouch - again, Wash, explanation/details on your hopper arrangement, please.
  6. Fit the other "Speed Stick" end (the one with the notches and the yellow rubber band) over the ZetaMag
  7. Go

Wash, details, please.
n0buddy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0buddy0 View Post
Ok, Wash, now I figured out what it is you have done! (You have omitted a ton of steps in your explanation, but the idea is great). So, Wash, correct me when I'm wrong and fill in the blanks, if you would:
  1. Take any electronic hopper with "eyes" (Super_Stanchy used a "Rotor" and was also advocating for the "Egg" [Viewloader eVLution]
  2. Take a pouch that can house that hopper
  3. Attach 2 "Speed Sticks" (as Super_Stanchy calls it) in series via a a flexible shape-holding tube of some sort (that's where Wash needs to explain what he used and where he got it from)
  4. Use a remote line cover to use as a sleeve for the entire "Speed Stick"-to-hose-to-"Speed Stick" assembly
  5. Fit one "Speed Stick" onto the hopper's feed neck (which should, probably, be sticking downward through the pouch - again, Wash, explanation/details on your hopper arrangement, please.
  6. Fit the other "Speed Stick" end (the one with the notches and the yellow rubber band) over the ZetaMag
  7. Go

Wash, details, please.
LOL. Pretty close, but no cigar.

1. There is no hopper of any kind. Gravity is your friend with this design. All paint is held within a three foot hose. The hose is a 3/4" vacuum hose I found on Amazon. Gravity feeds the balls into the mag's its that simple.

2. The notch is cut 1/2" deep into the Speed Stick. It is just big enough to hold the thickness of a TiPX/ZetaMag magazine. I used a Dremel to cut it. (Just take small amounts out until it fits how you like.)

3. If needed a hopper can be used to fill the hose like you suggest in the staging area. But my plan is to notch the other Speed Stick and add a rubber band. That way no shaking required. I can load a mag from either end with our old pal gravity doing the work. If I recall correctly from my engineering days it called Head or potential energy. (Basically the hose is wrapped over my shoulder with the ends pointing down. When an empty mag is attached to the end gravity forces balls into it, nothing else.)

4. The rubber band is held in place by four slits cut into the Speed Stick. I'll take pictures later for reference. Two slits on the top face and two slits sideways on the vertical walls of the notch.

5. Cover hose with a remote line cover of your choice. I made my own.

Sorry I wasn't making this a mystery just been to busy to write it up. Hope this helps.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann