mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

a few flatline questions ...

Might as well ask this sense I'm on the subject of barrels can you use a flat line with an aftermarket bolt? My regular duty 98c needs a new barrel the JJ pro1 isn't cutting it anymore (used at PW paintball ...Paul gave it to me for 20 bucks like four years ago) . now I have a rufus dawg wicked bolt and tube in the marker now can I use a flat line? (I have a factory bolt and a factory star fire ) .. I googled it and it says people have used them with each other but I do remember Paul at PW saying you cant use an a/f bolt with a flat line because it will break a lot of balls (this was the same day I bought the pro1) so was he wrong ? If not can I use an apex with an aftermarket bolt ? ... I just want some more range, I don't give two craps about accuracy because this is a provide cover marker (act techt hammer ,cyclone feed, etrigger enough said... ) if anyone has any better ideas on a barrel system for this marker I'm all ears ... Like I have said I'm just getting back into the game after quite some many years .
tippmann_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jam

A better alternative would be the Apex2 system.

However I do like the Flatline myself. (I have one on all of the tippys I've had). I have a 98 with full upgraded internals and have never had a problem with the flatty on it. Really makes no sense why it would cause any issues.

Just make sure you're shooting thick shell paint. If you can drop it from your hip and it breaks you will have problems.

Hope that helps.

James
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks James ... Yeah that was my thought when Paul told me that . I was looking into the apex 2 ...hell when I was getting out of the sport the apex was first coming out lol (glad I never sold my markers). do you think there would be a noticeable difference between the flat line and apex (from what I have read apex 1 and 2 have about the same distance )
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jam

They're about equal for "distance". The Apex2 is nice because in the odd times you want to hook corners you can, or like me (on my G6R), take the backspin setting off and just use the straight barrel.

I find the Apex to be a LOT easier on paint than the flatline. Which is a huge bonus if you're playing at a field that's field paint only an the paint is brittle. That can ruin your day with a flatline, whereas shooting apex you just turn it off, or put it on a more gentle setting.

James
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

God I could never have imaged this stuff when I started playing when I was a kid... Hell back then you could still buy a VM68 new .
Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmann_guy View Post
God I could never have imaged this stuff when I started playing when I was a kid... Hell back then you could still buy a VM68 new .
Nothing says you can't still play or own a VM68...remember you gotta love what you rock or else why own it?

My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

I lost my VM exc... Sold it in high school to buy am intake for my chevelle ...still kicking myself
Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't found one I wanna buy yet ... Kinda picky, the only marker I have ever sold ... I even still have my brass eagle marauder and avenger (birthday gifts)

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann