mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Don't bother with a Qloader,they're paint crushers too,worst non CRAP4 product I ever bought.Are you using hardshell paint?Consider that when this was made paint formula was alot different.Hope you figure this out,still one of my favorite markers.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

If you are feeling extra tinkery, you can convert yours to use a cyclone. Echo on here put a cyclone on his. Don't know if he has posted pictures yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Don't bother with a Qloader,they're paint crushers too,worst non CRAP4 product I ever bought.Are you using hardshell paint?Consider that when this was made paint formula was alot different.Hope you figure this out,still one of my favorite markers.
I have some really old paint, and some really garbage paint. The old paint flies all over the place and the garbage paint smashes into pudding. I'm going to try picking up some decent fresh stuff today and trying again.

I also made my first attempt at re-filling the hydraulics, I got it close but I realize now I removed a bit too much fluid. Works just fine but the right screw is is adjusted farther in than I guess is normal. I over-filled it on purpose, then adjusted it on the marker, I just used the wrong reference point for the adjustment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6qKxRRM8w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
If you are feeling extra tinkery, you can convert yours to use a cyclone. Echo on here put a cyclone on his. Don't know if he has posted pictures yet.
I think I actually found a thread of his when I was googling around, I like the idea but am wary of some of the issues he ran into with the cyclone cycling and the marker going into berzerk mode.

Misc Sales Thread
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Thanks to CapitalPaintball for the foregrip

Misc Sales Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Nice. Much better!
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

So I've messed with it a bit this morning, still making soup. I've found this situation here to be the almost guaranteed death nell:

As soon as I fire, the feed will properly load the waiting round, then slam that next ball into the ramp and crack it, then obliterate it when I fire. The feed doesn't really spin all that fast, but I guess it is enough that just that one missing ball is enough for it to go too fast and smash the next paintball in line.

Misc Sales Thread

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 01-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

I'm wondering now if it would actually be easier to upgrade a Pro-Lite with F/A parts and finding one of those rare powerfeeds, than it would be to fix the feed issues of the F/A.

Misc Sales Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is there a way to index the paddles?From the pic it looks like the fingers should be a little further forward,just a guess I've never owned one
Could you upgrade to the squishy Cyclone paddles?
Old 01-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Is there a way to index the paddles?From the pic it looks like the fingers should be a little further forward,just a guess I've never owned one
Could you upgrade to the squishy Cyclone paddles?
I was actually just looking to see if there is something I could do along those lines, unfortunately the design doesn't lend well to either of those things easily. The paddles spin freely, there is no ratcheting action like there is in the cyclone, if I could add a ratcheting mechanism that sync'd the action of the feed with the firing of the marker that would be a huge improvement I think.

However the design of these feed uses the pressure from the second ball, to hold the first ball in the breech. Unlike the cyclone, which can use the tip of the paddle to hold the paint in, which eliminates the need to keep paint under constant pressure.

Here is worst-case scenario of how the paint sits, with just the paddle holding it in place, no following round:

The feed is completely horizontal, nothing to discourage the paint from rolling back into the hopper besides the next round pressed against it. Echo found a simple and effective fix for this on his Cyclone mods, he stuck a piece of zip tie on there to function like a feed gate, once paint was shoved past the zip tie kept it from rolling back. I imagine that same concept would work perfectly well here.

As for the cyclone paddles, maybe they could be modified to work? I used to have some lying around but don't have them anymore to look at. The bottom of the F/A feed is not flat like the cyclone, it is ramped down into the breech. One negative side effect of this is the paddles are hitting just above center on the paint, and the following ramp is hitting just below center, pinching it. The contact area on the paint is somewhat small so all the force is going into pinpoint areas further risking popping the round.

I'm not sure if there is much I can do about that without modifying the shell of the feed, which I'd prefer not to. If the ramp was removed entirely, a 'finger' would need to be added in like the Cyclone, but then squishy paddles could maybe be used. Without modifying the shell, I could maybe use just the top half of the squishy paddles, just modifying the paddles themselves to thread onto the wind-up shaft.

Misc Sales Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm getting it now,Echos "detent" idea, seems like a simple effective improvement
I had rollback issues on my boxmags where the round would pinch on the feed fingers,fixed it with a similar detent system.I used a small piece of plastic from a water bottle sandwiched between the curved elbow part of the feed and the hopper raceway,maybe you could try something similar by sandwiching them between the body and feed

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann