mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
SMG-60 Stalker

Unhappy So my baby died last week..... (SMG-60)

Well i knew it was going to happen eventually, she was basically held together with Allan screws, some aluminum pieces, and a bolt or 2. (As you could see here) None of which I did myself, but my grandpa back in the day when he played with it and tried to save it.

She's so hacked up there was no saving the receiver so i stripped everything out of and off her and was lucky enough to find an unused "NOS" receiver on ebay. My delima??? Its a later production receiver with the internal gas line and everything just like the 68 Special. The SMG I had was a very early production with the external airline and "basically" sealed off valve (as the air was fed into the side of the receiver and into the chamber with the valve). So in short im SOL with the valve I have (which is kinda chewed up from the way it was secured inside the chamber and being smashed by the bolt) and I can't find a 68 Special valve.

Then i stopped and thought, well crap if im going through all this trouble of basically building a brand new SMG..... new lines, new valve, get a new barrel machined..... why don't i try and do some research and check MCB to see if anyone (you guys) had streamlined a .68 conversion for these baby's yet. Or if one was in the works and to just keep on keeping on (because she's obviously not going anywhere)

Or if maybe some how-to's or good instructions had come along as I really don't want to F up the receiver.

(And also to see if someone would point me in the direction of one of those elusive valves )
smlildragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lovesolderguns

Hey man I've been having trouble with my smg 60. Are you using that receiver or are you going to sell it. If I cant fix the leak in my gun I might buy it.
Lovemesomepumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
SMG-60 Stalker

Which receiver the hacked up old one? I'm holding onto it just for reference for the new build and sentimental value. It's inoperable to use as a marker

If youre talking about the brand new one, then yes I am using it. Thats what im going to build my new SMG out of.
smlildragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lovesolderguns

Ah **** if you cant/dont want to finish the project I'm in need of some parts so hit me up with a pm.
Lovemesomepumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Well that's encouraging.

Anyway, there was talk of 60 -> 68 conversions, and it seemed to work pretty well.

Interest comes and goes...

B-17 feedback
B-17 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann