mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lovesolderguns

Brass and Wood Fan
Could I use a smg 68 gas line or is it specific to the gun model ?
Lovemesomepumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

same gas line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Original SWARM

Late SMG's and 68 Specials use the same valve and gas line, look here :68 Special Disassembly Guide (56k beware)
[IMG]http://=http://www.pbsports.com/Tipp...-line-kit.html[/IMG]

There should be an O-ring in the rear groove in the valve also.

Last edited by Smiley; 05-26-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

I try to avoid zombie threads but as no-one was able to assist on parts. Looks like your marker was stripped. The O-rings in the valve may be missing too. For a full gas line kit, go to Tippmann upgrades
The Tippmann 68 Special Gas Line Kit for $11.95 comes with the needed fittings. Note that the routing is important for the valve to move properly. You will not have a C shaped retainer/spacer on your valve. It is retained by the Steel roll pins 1/8 x 3/4" under the valve. Whoever removed the gas line may not have put it back. You will need a drift tool to remove it. The Tippmann 68 Special O-ring Kit for $10.95 will replace the O-rings from inside the valve and rear-ward. You won't need the powertube and frontbolt O-rings in the kit. I would have to review my notes if there are any O-rings forward of the valve on a SMG-60. A word of caution. HPA air friction will overheat the 1/16 line on a sustained full auto fire. (Firing more than the 15 round burst). Another word of caution, The SMG-60 uses several types (tensions) of mainsprings depending on play temperatures. The SMG-68s and 68-Specials only have one. Cross compatibilities unknown. The SMG-60 is DESIGNED for a standard CO2 tank. Tippman does not endorse the use of anti-siphon tanks. The SMG-60 can use a Siphon tank but, THIS IS A MOD. The factory spec mainsprings will supply an Unsafe velocity to the smaller Cal ball. The mainspring MUST be carefully clipped to reduce the ball velocity to a safe speed. A Fact deliberately ignored by many SMG-60 shooters. On this issue: The SMG-60 gen2 and the SMG-68 and 68-Special use the same valve. The SMG-60 uses the tank as the expansion chamber and the expanded CO2 drives a smaller cal ball at proper speed on factory spec springs. The SMG-68 and 68-Special have no expansion chamber but siphon liquid CO2 directly to the valve. The added energy from expanding liquid CO2 will drive the larger heavier ball at proper speeds on factory spec springs. NEVER use SMG factory spec winter springs with a siphon tank as this would be a deliberate attempt to inflict bodily injury with a weapon, a FELONY.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Original SWARM

The field velocity limit was 340 FPS for .62 caliber paintballs due to their smaller mass.
Even at higher velocities .62's tended to bounce unless they hit something hard.

Last edited by Smiley; 05-26-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Got Strafed at 20' to 30', was wearing military grade ripstop BDU. Shots did not bounce off, they drew blood. Small does not make them safe. I will note that the shooter was wearing a full padded outfit and my .68 did bounce off. No siphon tank but winter springs in Florida.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQ...ew?usp=sharing
If the picture works. I see the small piece of tube still on your valve. Later 68-Specials had a little more aluminum removed for the tube. If the line is too straight, the forward valve will not seal on charging. If too much bend, your velocity will never get high enough. I used a heatgun on LOW to just set the bends, Careful, Too much heat will ruin or shorten the life of the tube. Picture is of an early 68-Special, My latest Marker.

Last edited by StrayBlackCat; 05-26-2015 at 09:49 PM. Reason: omission and attempt to add photo
StrayBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann