mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

tippmann fa up and running

thought i would post up this you tube clip, it really only took a few hours of cleaning, a new detente and reattachment of the loader spring to the outer wall (i think it will break at some time in the future) this marker was older than the guy i bought it off (he was convinced it was toast) the irony is i still cant get my B5 to cycle relably....and it probably a third of the age of this marker.

tippmann fa - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">tippmann fa - YouTube&fs=1" />tippmann fa - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tippmann fa - YouTube
__________________
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!
 
freedummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Nice find, glad to see it up and running! What issue are you having with the B5? Should start a thread for it, I had a "fun" time learning all the quirks and working out bugs when I got mine too, but it's a solid shooter now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
We don't do easy here! Here we do different and not done before!
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!
 
RuleOfSines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
thought i would post up this you tube clip, it really only took a few hours of cleaning, a new detente and reattachment of the loader spring to the outer wall (i think it will break at some time in the future) this marker was older than the guy i bought it off (he was convinced it was toast) the irony is i still cant get my B5 to cycle relably....and it probably a third of the age of this marker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8XHr0FhTU
Congrats

Sorry I forgot to answer your PM, you are right, the spring is supposed to be secured to the crank.
__________________
Feedback

Misc Sales Thread
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post
Congrats

Sorry I forgot to answer your PM, you are right, the spring is supposed to be secured to the crank.
cheers mate


no worries....the hard part was "winding" it back into the slot.....runs like a clock work mouse now
__________________
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
Nice find, glad to see it up and running! What issue are you having with the B5? Should start a thread for it, I had a "fun" time learning all the quirks and working out bugs when I got mine too, but it's a solid shooter now.
cool idea...guess thats my next post! its sooo frustrating.
__________________
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

arrgrgrgrgrgrg took her too the shop today bought a 10ich lapco big shot, lots of "WTF is that questions" wind uo the hopper and up put 500 rounds through her no problems all on full auto was super happy, thought ok just one more hopper full then i can go..burrrrpppppppp..oh ok top up the air...........burrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppp.....no LOL now she will not bloody cycle, sarting to hate OBB markers!
__________________
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend
 
sniper42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Are you running Air or CO2? I tried to get mine to run consistently on air and just couldn't do it. I gave up since it runs flawlessly on CO2.
__________________
Anonymous Assassins Paintball TeamJust look for the pink shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback


Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
foldadoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nuuuuu Zealand
Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
Are you running Air or CO2? I tried to get mine to run consistently on air and just couldn't do it. I gave up since it runs flawlessly on CO2.

tried both in the end, the 500 or so was on air and it was fine, even the velocity screw was all the way in and it was fine, ......, i think it might be a cup seal (i assume it has a cup seal on the power tube, it has all original seals ) so i tried to take the valve out and the inlet is pretty munted, so i will need to dremmel off the top so i can drop the valve out.
__________________
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend
 
sniper42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Yeah getting the valve stem out is kind of a pain. It is held in by a little snap ring that is difficult to get out.
__________________
Anonymous Assassins Paintball TeamJust look for the pink shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback


Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!
 
RuleOfSines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Be careful taking it apart, I think the valve internals are no longer readily available. Tippmann Parts.com lists a few bits, but if you need replacement cup seals I think they may have to be home/custom made.

On the upside, pro-lites are somewhat plentiful, and can be had cheap enough to be worth stealing the valves from.
__________________
Feedback

Misc Sales Thread
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC