mcarterbrown.com

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

freedom are you actually going to play or are you going to be the captain and to watch all the college girls on spring break?

not a bad lineup so far. Dios and matt have been two of the most dominant players on the allstar lineup. We all need to get some work in before we are ready for this.

side thought anyone up for the whole season seems nice and spread out and this looks like it will be the most expensive event
Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

flying from newark (EWR) to john wayne orange airport (SNA) wasn't bad.

travelocity gave me 3 round-trip continental airlines flights leaving on thursday the 8th for $319 after taxes.
we'd return on monday the 12th.

it might be very worth it to fly into SNA over LAX just for not having to drive the hour to H.B.
i got a 12 mile estimate (25 minute drive) from SNA to H.B.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by freedom; 12-13-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

it's less than an hour drive to disney and knott's berry farm.

NPPL Super 7 World Series Surf City Open
On the beach, Huntington Beach, CA
April 9 - 11, 2010
Venue: On the beach at 1st Street and Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA

Event Itinerary:
Thursday, April 8, 2010
•Tradeshow is open to the public from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
•Fields are open for teams to walk from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
•Registration for Teams is open from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
•5:00 pm Captains Meeting in the Center Court Grandstands
•*No games are played on Thursday*

Friday, April 9, 2010
•Games begin at 7:30 am and run until 6:00 pm
•Professional Players will be in the tradeshow meeting fans between games
•Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday, April 10, 2010
•Games will run from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
•Professional Players will be in the tradeshow meeting fans between games
•Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Sunday, April 11, 2010
•Quarters, Semis and Finals for all divisions, including Professional, begin at 7:30 am
•Games are scheduled to finish at 6:00 pm on Center Court
•Awards Ceremony will be held on Center Court at 6:00 pm
•Trade Show open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Last edited by freedom; 12-13-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

expedia found me a small hotel for $54 a night.
Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach

it's about 10 minutes down the highway to the event.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Yea i am in/.

Something else we have plan is shipping our gear, or atleast our tanks.
Remeber you have to ship em' back aswell.

Edit- freedom that won't be one of those hotels where they displace homeless people and crack heads would it?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #36 (permalink)

why ship the tanks? just remove the reg.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to y-kurat

#52 09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
shadowsp

Transporting Equipment on an Aircraft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for the US Department of Homeland Security at TSA and I've been involved in the paintball community for over 25 years. I’ve been with TSA more than five years at the CVG Airport. First as a Supervisor, then Scheduling Officer, and now a Management Analyst, one of my jobs is running the Lost & Found office. I work closely with Supervisors and Screening Managers at the airport as well as Program Administrators at TSA HQ. I am a 5 year veteran and Commanding General at Oklahoma D-Day, I say this so you know that the information I am giving you here is accurate and reliable.
•AIR TANKS - "Air Tanks", "CO2 Tanks", or "HPA Tanks" are "Compressed Gas Cylinders". To travel with these on an aircraft you must completely remove the regulator and/or valve from the tank. TSA must be able to look inside the tank to see that it is empty with nothing hidden inside. It does not matter it's size or if it has a gage to show that it is empty or not, if the or valve isn’t removed it will not be permitted on the plane and will be removed from your bags, in most cases without telling you, and disposed of. Airline Hazmat regulations prohibit pressurized containers not TSA policy. TSA not only needs to ensure that nothing is inside as well as it isn’t pressurized. You can carry tanks on as part of your carry on luggage or in your checked luggage, ] in either case the valve has to be removed. Small 12gram CO2 cylinders are not permitted at all unless you have a life vest. With a life vest you are allowed only two inside attached to expansion chambers and 2 extras, these are only permitted if they are accompanied by a life vest.
•PAINTBALL MARKERS - Your "Paintball Marker" a.k.a. "Paintball Gun" are "Compressed Air Guns". All markers must have the tank removed (see above concerning tanks) and you should expel any gas in the lines. Your Markers and Marker parts must be in your checked luggage, they can not be carried on the plane. They can be in soft sided cases or loose in your luggage. Markers are not considered "Firearms" and therefore do not have to be in a locked hard sided case. If you have a Mil-Sim style or realistic looking marker I highly recommend you mark it somehow (see tips below). When these replicas or realistic looking Markers are found they are often thought to be a real firearm and not Paintball Markers. They are permitted in checked luggage and do not have to be in locked cases, but the TSA Officer needs to know they are Paintball Markers (again see tips below).
•OTHER ITEMS - You CAN NOT take smoke, fireworks, explosives of any kind, or realistic replicas of explosives. TSA prohibited items list specifically states that "Realistic Replicas of Explosives" are not permitted. These include Paint-More mines, realistic looking paint grenades, or other items made to use paint but look like real explosives, they will be removed from your luggage and disposed of. The key word here is "Realistic Looking" but that is up to TSA to decide - not you, and they do not all decide the same, it may be allowed at one airport and may not be at the next, do not argue if you are told something can not go, explain what it is and what it is for and let the TSA decide. Paintball Launchers are allowed but I caution you that, with the exception of Paintball Markers, those items are not specifically covered on the prohibited/permitted items list and are up to the discretion of TSA. There is a good chance if you take realistic looking Anti-Tank Paintball Launchers or other types of realistic looking weapons you will either be questioned or it may not be permitted. TSA is taught to err on the side of caution and if they aren’t sure it isn’t going. Again, explain what it is and that it is operated by use of a "Compressed Gas Cylinder" therefore it would be considered a "Compressed Air Gun". If done in the proper way and it does not directly violate the SOP it may be permitted.

Those are the official TSA rules - Below are additional tips, they're not required but, they will make it much faster & easier for you to get through security and arrive at your destination with everything including all your paintball equipment.

•PACK SMART - Pack all of your paintball gear in the same bag - a separate bag if possible. Pack it well with lots of padding surrounding it. Do not tape padding around the individual items (like tapping bubble wrap around a marker) or make it difficult to get to any item. Pack foam, clothing, or bubble wrap in the bag around the gear, not taped to it.
•IDENTIFY WHAT IS IN YOUR BAG - Print your name on a piece of paper as well as your flight info Flt #, Time of Departure, and Destination and a Cell # if possible. This helps in two ways, one to quickly locate you should they need to ask you questions and two in case the luggage is lost. Also write "Paintball Marker & Equipment Inside" at the bottom of the paper. Place this piece of paper inside your bag right on top so that it is the first thing you see when you open the bag.
•TANKS - If you have to take air tanks ensure the valve is removed. I personally prefer to ship my HPA tanks ahead of time or spend $20.00 on a new CO2 tank when I arrive at the event and then I can leave it there for next time or throw it away. It just isn't worth the hassle, to me, of removing the valve.
•PRINT TSA INFO - Go to both of these links - WARNING! - PbNation and WARNING! - PbNation and print out one copy of each for each bag and an additional copy to carry with you, if you are stopped and questioned, or have any issues you can provide that information from the official TSA website. A complete list of permitted/prohibited items is here - WARNING! - PbNation
•MISSING ITEMS - When a TSA Officer searches your checked luggage they must put a slip of paper inside indicating that your bag was searched. It doesn't say whether they did or didn't remove an item. If they did remove something it does not indicate why. If something is missing from your luggage and there is a slip of paper in it you should contact TSA at your airport of departure, if there is no slip then TSA did not open your bag so if something is missing you should contact the airlines about the missing or "pilfered" item.

The orginal post was to long, if an item’s missing read here:WARNING! - PbNation

•TRAVEL SMART - THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER WHEN TRAVELING - Do not get an attitude with TSA, remember a lot of what is allowed or not allowed is based on whether TSA deems it to be a threat or "realistic". Do not give them any reason to decide against your favor. If you are polite, explain what things are, and have the paperwork to document it is permitted then you should not have any problems. TSA is there to do a job, that job is for your safety as well as the other passengers, they're not there to take items for the fun of it, if you are polite they will return the attitude to you however if you are a jerk or argue don't expect them to do anything more than their job!

Feel free to pass this information on or to post it on other Paintball Websites.

Shadow
Commanding General 352nd ID - Oklahoma D-Day
a.k.a Kevin L. Harris
kevin.harris@dhs.gov

*** UPDATE ***

Inconsistent Website Information - I am temporarily detailed to TSA HQ in Washington DC. While here I took the opportunity to make contact with those that write the SOP and those managing the information on the TSA Public website. I informed them that the Paintball community has found that there are some inconsistencies and that some of the information is unclear or conflicting. I also informed them that there have been instances where equipment was not allowed on the plane that should have been permitted or a player was questioned about their gear even when he did what he was supposed to do.

I was able to provide them with the Paintball Players point of view and to point out the sections of the SOP and Public Website that would be more helpful if updated. I was able to provide several photos of both CO2 tanks and HPA tanks and explained how they were used and the difference between those and the 12 gram CO2 cartridges as pictured on the TSA Website and I provided the specifics of the conflicting information and recommended changes.

They understand how some TSA agents may have trouble identifying a Paintball Marker from a real firearm and they agreed that some additional wording or changes were needed. They assured me that they would look at this further and will be making changes soon!!
PUMP-N-SNAP= SPLAT

http://www.BigEvilOnline.com/index.phpQUOTE]TOP
KEE Action & EMPIRE paintball
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

hey guys I know it is off topic but who is able to play the topgun pump tourny?

Garden State Pump Team

BigEvilOnline.com
Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Top Gun GSP Consigliere

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJR View Post
Ok guys so lets get serious here and get ready to go to this. We need a list of who is going soon so we can get the money for the airfare
I'd like to announce that I am officially throwing my hat in the ring for this event.

I'm Ken and I approve this message!

-D
Empire Paintball
Top Gun Garden State Pump League