mcarterbrown.com  

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #101 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That was so much fun!!

Big thanks to the organizing body Fluff(I don't think I caught your non-MCB name, Dave?), Carter, and Hoodie(sp?) from BP. It's awesome going to a game organized by people who so clearly love the game. I definitely will be looking for future events.

Boston Paintball was a great venue. The Refs were attentive and the staff was very supportive of us being there. I was especially glad for the excellent 3.5 oz tank fills! I look forward to burning off the rest of our paint sometime.

It was a pleasure to meet and play with all of you. The competition was awesome and games were fast! Props to the Stepdads for tearing up the second round robin.

I think someone mentioned we were a throw together team that came out of the woods. That's not entirely true. While we were a last minute "hey wanna play" team, I've had some experience in a few pump tournaments and Chris is actually normally an Xball player. Plus Alicia's day job as an assasin for hire helped. Ok that last one may not be true, but she shocked the hell out of us.

Definetily worth the time off from work and the drive up. Those who missed out, you did, but we'll see out there next time. Alicia, not a member of the forum (I try) says to say thank you to everyone too. We had a great time.

-Rayn
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #102 (permalink)
MCB Member

"Chris is actually normally an Xball player"

7 man But thanks to everyone for the cool event, I think 5 teams on a weekday night was a hell of a turnout. Thanks to Hoodie for keeping stuff rolling and to all the staff. Hopefully this event can generate some publicity and the outdoor events will have even more teams
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #103 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

We you using those beautiful splash anno Buzzards? Rayn is deadly with them.
Tug

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #104 (permalink)

Wow what a great event!

We threw the "Stepfathers" together VERY last minute (the morning of the event), hopefully we'll get some practice before the next event and maybe take home some pump kits....

Props to EVERYONE that made it out last night, that was honestly some of the most fun I've had in quite awhile, I come from a mostly XBALL and 7MAN background (with the occasional charity or big game thrown in for good measure) and it really was a breath of fresh air, truely a great experience all around. It was strange being at a tournament that involved No fighting physically or verbally and *GASP*... sportsmanship?! After being in the competitive scene for awhile you get kinda numb to that aspect of it, last night was a real eye opener to the way tournament ball SHOULD BE.

I'd like to thank Fluffy, all the guys on this board, everyone else involved in organizing the event, and all the parties that donated the neat-o prizes .

Lastly I think we should all tip our hats to Hoodie and the staff at Boston, for setting up a quality layout, reffing the whole event, and really going above and beyond for all the participants. This isn't coming from me as a co-worker or a friend but as a player... Thank you for supporting this event and for all your hard work.

PS... Alicia was a snap shooting machine last night. HUGE PROPS to CT Sickday on the win... it was deserved.

Last edited by ttwo; 01-29-2010 at 02:26 PM.
ttwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #105 (permalink)
Rec Poster

T, you hit the nail on the head with the sportsmanship. It was nice to play a tournament with no stress, no egos (I meant the mental kind, pun somewhat intended), and no drama. Just paintballers having a good time.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post455076
01bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #106 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #107 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Great testimonial ttwo!

I can't wait to see those vids Carter.
http://i.imgur.com/hZGzo.png
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #108 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
I haved to agree with everyone's sentiments. The event was incredibly well played and organized. I definitely want to thank Al and Eddie (MassDestruction00 and Bunker Monkey, respectively), my teammates. Fluff of course, for putting on a quality tournament full of good sportsmanship all around. Hoodie for a very challenging field set up. And all of the other players for forcing me to step up my game.

And I echo Fluff's sentiment when I say that I don't know how CT Sickday were born without Dorsal Fins, because you guys really were sharks out there.

P.S. Carter I can't wait to see the video, hopefully you got some good footage of my last gunfight with Alicia.

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #109 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Let me go on record and say how much I appreciate everybody that showed up, whether you were helping, playing , or reffing. Boston paintball has been a dream venue of mine from the beginning. So, Thank you Anthony and all the staff at BPS. especially Hoodie, Doug, T2, John, and Falbe. I also want to thank our newest sponsors, mass Destruction and Norwich University. Every one of you that was there or supported the effort showed you all are class acts. This includes CT Sick day, even though you guys are freakin sharks out there. I saw some amazing plays and unmatched honr out there. I am looking forward to another great season. i will be contacting fields and exploring possible new venues in the upcoming weeks and I hope to have some great announcements and a season schedule in the upcoming weeks.
Most of all I want to thank carter and MCB at large. It is not idle chatter when I say this would be impossible without you all. You guys make the effort and worry worhwhile

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #110 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
This was the first event that Norwich has helped out for but if I have anything to say about it, and I very much do, it will not be the last. I hope those that recieved the Norwich goods like them. Please keep your ears to the ground about more from Norwich, the more people take notice, the more they will let me do.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive