mcarterbrown.com  

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Sucks that we couldn't even get to the doorways that easily. I like Blue's proposition of outlawing anchored down barrels outside the walls from future Castles.
I'm kinda surprised that was permitted to begin with.
I know other defenders have tried it in the past, but any blatent attempts to "permenantly" block a doorway has almost always been caught and prevented.

Hell, otherwise we'd have just barricaded all the doors shut!

Let's not take anything away from the defenders though, as a whole, the offense just wasn't motivated enough.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Great pics! I hope to make it to Castle someday. It's far.

Sooo... who's the hot lady in the bubble bath?
Hey- I imported one of our Alaskan guys! JTurtle came down from Fairbanks to visit for a week(ish).

Glad you guys liked the baked goods. Maybe I'll somehow get a way to ship them straight to EMR for castle specifically for the CC guys to pick up.

Sam is the other paintball chick, I didn't think she was the paintball girlfriend one. All I knew is that Greywolf has been talking to her for a while and they started dating a bit back.

It was a fun time! Once again, I suck at taking pictures and didn't whip my camera out once while there. I hope more people toss pictures up too- it's always fun to see them.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
I'm kinda surprised that was permitted to begin with.
I know other defenders have tried it in the past, but any blatant attempts to "permanently" block a doorway has almost always been caught and prevented.

Hell, otherwise we'd have just barricaded all the doors shut!

Let's not take anything away from the defenders though, as a whole, the offense just wasn't motivated enough.
The refs were yelling at people that were trying to move barrels from around the doors

I do have to agree with you though about the motivational end of it though.
40 people hunkered down right next to the wall and going nowhere.
Running into the castle is one thing if you can convince a bunch more to follow.
Running in as a lone sacrificial lamb just didn't make sense

The "cheating" end has already been covered.
I heard rumor that somebody was chronoed right about the 500fps or more mark. (can you get a gun up that high?)
There was also a guy that I saw that had holes blown in his clothing from the paint. (form your own opinion here)

The whole time was fun. Chatting and putting names to faces. Always a good time.

I did find my missing hopper.
I tore my van apart several times, and never once looked in the front of the bag that had my paint pods in (I guess I didn't think it could have fit in there)

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
After playing meatshield for Kindred after I froze the Vector up I was going to run down and plow into some of the barrels just to get them out of the way. Luckily someone stopped me and let me know most were full of water.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Cheating in this context is SO incredibly unlikely. Rumors aside, the defenders inside were and are the cream of the crop of EMR hometeams and I reject the idea of mass cheating amongst the defenders based on reputation alone.

When you consider how many times you yourself was hit by paintballs that bounced, doesn't it make more sense to conclude that your paintball bounced off of that guy you "saw" cheating? I had one guy screaming at me from the tower about wiping after he bounced a few off of my mask.

He probably went back and told HIS friends about how the attackers were cheating.

Stories about guys who keep shooting despite a mask covered with paint are not credible to me, again, based solely on the reputation of the defending teams. Anytime I see someone cheat, I will walk up to where they are to investigate. Nearly everytime I have done such, I have found either that I was mistaken or that my opponent had been hit and was not aware.

If you do not do that everytime you actually believe that you have been cheated, you are just needless spreading rumors. Why would anyone bother to talk about cheating that they had not confirmed themselves? Does it make them feel better about not being a hero? Who knows.

As for speed of shots and rumors of 500fps and holes in clothing, consider the fact that they air line made a lot of defenders switch to their CO2 driven backup guns.
Anyone who has ever shot a CO2 powered Tippy down hill will know where that speed might have come from. Not necessarily cheating, but possibly cluelessness about physics and the properties of CO2.

There were no newbs inside the Castle.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Cant complain about the barrel in the castle guys... I mean, its a horribly defended building.. there arent even any doors!
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
There IS a rule that states that there can be no obstuctions to the entry of any space in the castle. This rule is to allow unhindered reffing.

However, there are no rules about anchoring barrels that do not obstruct access.

So long as the refs can get through it (even if it is a bit of a maze) then the barrels are legal.

However, one of the best parts of having Blue himself leading attackers AND defenders on alternate Castle games is these tweaks to the rules. If Blue sees a problem, he can fix it.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I personally saw a couple instances of cheating.I hit the guns of a couple people in one of the towers and saw the shots break,I then saw them duck back in and come back out shooting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
Glad you guys liked the baked goods.
The cookies were good as always,I missed out on the Whoopie Pies though... They did look good though.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

I personally did not see any cheating, beyond gun hits.
And to be 100% honest, I must have had 4-5 gun hits that I never noticed either, though it could have been slatter.

I saw lots and lots of bounces though. It was a very bouncy paint. In game #1, I must have had 20-30 bouncers. All my "hits" were to my mask/head.

So, I can't really complain. Defenders just did a really good job.

My theory is this: I managed to get shot alot, and caught every "Recycle".
I noticed a pattern where as the Attacker recycle moved up the hill to wall #2 and #3, and started a heavy push.
The defender recycles would get the players in position JUST BEFORE the attacker recycles, and send up a massive wall of paint repelling the attack.

I don't know if this was a purposeful strategy, or just a lucky timing. But a pattern i definetly noticed with every recycle.

But with Game #2, the attackers moved DIRECTLY to wall #4, and completely beat the defender recycle, and broke right into the castle so quickly, the game ended about a mitute later.

So, maybe something to remember for next year?
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
However, one of the best parts of having Blue himself leading attackers AND defenders on alternate Castle games is these tweaks to the rules. If Blue sees a problem, he can fix it.

D.
yep -
every event receives a tweak. And if Blue doesn't see the problem let him know about it and he can fix it.

Cheaters - they will always be there. Unfortunate part of the game when dealing with people who ____________________ (you can fill in the blank)

The 500 thing - could have happened by accident- my kp3 crept up to around 400 at PP3 - I didn't set it there - it started around 280. A ref caught it - that's why they have chrono's with them. I apologized to Blue but as he said it could have been caused by any number of factors.

the reffing staff at EMR is probably about the best there is - they see problems they stop problems. If you see something going on there let the refs know - they will check into it.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive