mcarterbrown.com

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

OA paintball May 7th "Operation: Ocean Tiger

Outdoor Adventures in Bowie Maryland presents thier 13th scenario game:

Quote:

Operation: Ocean Tiger
Our 13th Scenario Game

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Using our extremely successful and simplified format, there will be multiple missions and props, along with Generals, Commanders, Pilots, Engineers and Medics. Prizes will be drawn and awarded all day long. Smoke, paint grenades, launchers, tanks and planes, special effects and more make these events non-stop fun and excitement for all players from beginners to seasoned scenario players.

The Story

In the early morning hours of September 15, 1940 , Prime Minister Winston Churchill is hastily awakened at the request of his military staff. After a swift and frantic trip to GCHQ, Churchill is brought into the map room to receive the much anticipated- albeit feared news from General Sir Alan Brook. The German Army had begun a seaborne assault against the British coastline with support from the Luftwaffe and paratrooper forces. The brunt of this seaborne assault was directed towards the British coastline between Dover and Bexhill. Churchill immediately authorized the implementation of the defense plans utilizing I Corps (Lieutenant General Barker) and II Corps (Lieutenant General Brooke).

As the initial wave of troops approached the British coast on the ships and landing barges of the Kriegsmarine, General Gerd Von Rondstadt could not help but wonder if the soldiers of his Army Group A were up to the daunting tasks outlined in Directive 16. The German OKH had ordered his troops to assault the shoreline utilizing a vast array of vessels that had been hastily assembled. His primary fear was that the Luftwaffe could not control the airspace overhead. Without air superiority, his troops would be under attack from the front and above. It would also limit re-supply and assistance from paratroop forces. As the first boats approached the coastline, the British spotlights illuminated them and tracer rounds crossed the beach. The time had arrived. Would the Fuhrer lay claim to controlling a third nation in a month’s time?

Welcome to Operation – Ocean Tiger, the planned German invasion of Britain . Help determine the alternative result if Hitler had gone ahead with the planned invasion. This day of paintball will feature some of the most intense battles ever experienced at Outdoor Adventures. For the first hour of the game, the German troops must establish a beachhead from the River field. Until then, they will be without the benefit of a Command Post. After the invasion, they will have the opportunity to select one from areas they control on the field. Do you have what it takes to “storm the beach” and establish a foothold? Maybe you want to defend the home front and repel the German invasion. Either way, you will have a great time as you create history instead of re-live it!
Click Here for Event Map

Cost: $30 the day of, or $25 for pre-reg.
FPO: Marballizers at $60/case or $55/case if pre-order with registration.

Which side should I pre-reg for? Blue - British or Red - German?
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

I'm gonna be a spitfire, naannnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhh daga daga daga daga...

or maybe a ME109?

vvvvvvmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrrrhhhhh duhn duhn duhn dhun dhun......

I registered but did not pick a side, I will go on whichever side needs to be balanced.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah... right

J- I dare you to play on the German side. The accent alone will get you beaned in the back of the head all day. Try to convince the base security that you are not a spy. I'll rat you out all day long.

"Burn him, he's a witch.... I mean shoot him, he's a spy."

Your only hope is to claim to be Australian, we can't tell the damn difference in accents anyway.
Slowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Already had this discussion, I like these guys simply for the very cool evil minion uniforms.

Or I could be in the British Free Corps

Old 04-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Talking ocean tiger

Thanks to a certain OA employee who shall remain nameless (Rob) I might be able to play with a new gun. It is not old or very rare but it has been my dream gun for some time now.

My new gun is a SS-25 Chipley pump

It might be here the week before this game, and I am so exicted that I cant stand it.
Beefysmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oooo- Pump play!!!

Just to keep with the theme.. I am bringing my Thompson Sniper 1 to get some game time with. I'll run around and plink with you if yours arrives in time.
Slowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Slowcode

what side you playing on?
Beefysmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

I will be playing Pump with a stock Kp2 or using the squallicane.

I kinda wanna invade, wanna be Red?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Looks like I am going to have to pass on this game. I broke or sprained my foot on saturday(while everyone was at castle) playing a private game at the field in essex.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

I am looking forward to storming the beach, just gotta watch out for the Canadian armour

Sorry you cannot make the game Greg, I will post some pics for you

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive