mcarterbrown.com  

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wake Island 26 Hour Scenario On Memorial Day Weekend @ EMR

EMR Paintball in New Milford PA ( www.emrpaintball.com ) will be hosting the second in our series of 26 Hour Spring Scenarios covering the “WAR in the PACIFIC” series, written and produced by EMR’s own Eric '=P' Thomsen, producer of the successful 2005 PMI Extravaganza scenario 'Day of the El Chupathingy'. This year's scenario will be based on "The Battle for Wake Island." Entrance is $50 prepaid by 5/12/06 or $60 at event. Includes CA/CO2, Free Lodging and Free Camping.

Preregistered players will also be recieving a unique event patch with embroidery done by Ambush Alpha. The patches are in limited supply and will be dispersed on a first come first serve basis. Any extras will be sold during the event.

Rules:
The base ruleset will be the GSRP found at http://www.scenariopaintball.com
Custom rules addendum located at: http://www.equalsp.com/wakeisland/Rules_Addendum.htm

Sponsors:
Allen Paintball Products
Engler Custom Guns
Evil
Extreme Rage
Gunslingers Paintball
Hoffman Paintball
Mr Dead Guy Dezigns
Paintball Kingdom
Paintball News
Paintball Sports
Palmers Pursuit
PMI
Pure Energy
Real Action Paintball
RPS
Tippman
WGP

Storyline:

Rear Admiral Sadamichi Kajioka, commander of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Fourth Fleet, had moved his fleet within striking range of Wake Island while the rest of the Japanese Navy focused on the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. His plan called for a surprise bombing to eliminate the Americans’ artillery and ground support, destroying their defenses and weakening their will. When the opposing force had been softened he planned on launching his Special Naval Landing Force, known as the "Imperial Marines", to eliminate the last of the resistance and take control of the island.

Early that Monday morning, when word was received that Pearl Harbor had been attacked, the commander of Wake Island, Naval Commander Cunningham, as a precaution ordered men to the Water Tower, the highest point on the island, all available Wildcat fighters to the air to spot Japanese planes, and Commander of the Marines Major Devereux to prepare his men; a mere 449 marines out of the 1738 overall military and civilian personal stationed on the Atoll. Dan Teters, Foreman of the Civilians, tried to help anyway he could with his men; some of them volunteered to help defend, others took cover in the perceived safety of the brush. Their Radar and most of their promised defensive artillery had not yet arrived from Pearl Harbor. The Wake Island inhabitants felt woefully unprepared for what had been thrust upon them.

December 8th, 1941, nine hours after the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor catapulted the United States into World War 2, the Japanese launched their second attack on U.S. controlled soil: an “insignificant” atoll on the western side of the Pacific Ocean known as Wake Island. The atoll, originally a fueling stop for Pan-Am Airline’s pacific flights took on a more important military role as the War progressed. The US wanted to use it as a foothold in the western pacific while Japan wanted to prevent the US from having the foothold so close to their home to the north.

The Americans were unprepared; only a quarter of their 12 Wildcat fighters were in the air. At 11:50 AM the Japanese planes were spotted. They had bypassed the patrolling Wildcats and snuck in under cloud cover. With a swift attack they bombed the American’s airstrip, eliminating the grounded airplanes and much of their support equipment.

The attack had begun.

=P

Last edited by EqualsP; 05-15-2006 at 11:53 PM.
EqualsP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have played in many of =P's scenarios and highly recomend playing in this one if you can. Sadly I put in for the time off from work and was denied so I have to miss this but if you can make it to EMR this Memorial Day weekend you should have a great time.
comovartia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Preregistered players will also be recieving a unique event patch with embroidery done by Ambush Alpha. The patches are in limited supply and will be dispersed on a first come first serve basis. Any extras will be sold during the event.

=P
Old 05-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Banzai!

-rath
Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Brian 'Rephy' Reph of EMR Home Team Ambush Alpha has stepped up to be 'Commander Cunningham' the commander of the American forces on Wake Island.

The position of Rear Admirial 'Sadamichi Kajioka' the Commander of the Japanese at Wake Island is still open to be filled. Anyone wishing this most honorable position please contact me.

=P
EqualsP at anation.com (spam protected for my sanity, please replace the " at " with "@")
Old 05-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I have posted the Rules Addendum with the game specific deviations from the GSRP (the official base rules for the game) please read and familiarize yourself with them to help make things go smoother for everyone the day of the game.

In tradition of my games, any props with special rules will most likely have thier specific rules printed on them to help avoid confusion.

I am still looking for a player to step up to General for the Japanese side. If you are interested or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

=P
Old 05-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Event T-Shirts will also be sold at the event for $15 each in one size fits most -XL, Black with the event poster on the back. The T-Shirts are provided by Matt at Matt's Sports Shack

=P
Old 05-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I want to pass on a note from Chris "Deuce" Hanse - EMR's Field Manager:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece @ EMR
At the Wake Island 26 hour Scenario Game May 27th-28th, CROSSHAIRS PAINTBALL is doing a BEANIE BABY DRIVE and PRIZE DRAWING to collect Beanie Babys to send to our Soldiers in IRAQ. The Soldiers give them to the kids over there as most of them have nothing. Doing this has already saved the lives of many of our soldiers. The kids appreciate it so much, they are warning our soldiers
of hidden mines and exploding devises. CROSSHAIRS PAINTBALL will be at WAKE ISLAND and accepting all donations. HELP OUR TROOPS in Iraq and also the kids.

For more information please visit our website or you can contact us by phone or email. Thank you.

Deuce
570-465-9622
deuceemr@epix.net
www.emrpaintball.com
And I have even more good news: We have found our Japanese General. Martin "Waldo" Karwowski of the Team Ninja Chameleons and www.StockClassPaintball.com has stepped up. Waldo is a veteran of Generalling EMR games. He generaled for the Towns People at last years "Day of the el Chupathingy" game at the PMI Extravaganza and he is also stepping back into his Japanese General role from last Memorial Day's "Burma Road" scenario, though not as the same "character".

=P
Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

=P's thank yous

wow everyone.. just wow.. Thank you. The support, the responses, the sportsmanship, the good questions.. were all just overwhelming during the event and in a good way. Standing up on stage and listening to a large crowd of people chant your name...that is just... wow, I'm still speechless at that. Thank you!

Some producers say that being a producer is a thankless job, you guys disproved that. I had whole TEAMS of players from both sides coming up to me during the event and telling me how much fun they were having. Thank you, that kept me going when I was ready to collapse from exhaustion.

Blue, Sue, Duece, Chris, Bob, The EMR Refs (Rich and the Dragon Force Refs, Canadian Justice, the regular field refs), Dead Guy, the players -- everyone, thank you for being there and making your (our?) field one of the best in the industry. I could go into stories upon stories and annecdotes of how everything you did made this event run smoothly. Thank you, you rock.

From what I heard by some EMR first timers, the refs at EMR really are 'That Good' - keep up the good work.

I do have to single out for a little extra credit to Casey (RoadRunner) and Brad, the two refs who I litterally ran ragged during the weekend who ran from flag station to flag station every 15 minutes checking the status and between each other ref to collect the mission cards for me. you didn't know what you were getting yourselves into when you got 'volunteered' to be my slaves for the weekend.

The Generals for each side:
Brian 'Rephy' Reph of EMR Home Team Ambush Alpha as be 'Commander Cunningham' the commander of the American forces on Wake Island.

Martin "Waldo" Karwowski of the Team Ninja Chameleons and www.StockClassPaintball.com as the Rear Admirial 'Sadamichi Kajioka' the Commander of the Japanese invasion force of Wake Island. Especially for stepping up at the last minute to lead the invading force.

I also need to thank my Team, Pub Crawling for being understanding prior to the event that I wasn't going to give you an insiders account to the game and for understanding during the event when I wasn't able to socialize. You guys (like the rest of the players) just showed up and played your hearts out.

I want to thank the event sponsors for thier prize donations and for helping to make this event possible: Allen Paintball Products, Engler Custom Guns, Evil, Extreme Rage, Gunslingers Paintball, Hoffman Paintball, Mr Dead Guy Dezigns, Paintball Kingdom, Paintball News, Paintball Sports, Palmers Pursuit, PMI, Pure Energy, Real Action Paintball, RPS, Tippman, WGP

I also want to thank the sponsors who helped me personally get this event off the ground:

Atomic Ordnance for the custom yellow grenades that the bombers on each side were using

Ambush Alpha for the event patches that each pre-registered player received as part of thier pre-reg package.

Matt's Sport Shack for the event T-shirts.

scores: After a very seesaw game during the weekend. In which the Japanese controled most of the field for most of the day saturday and were ahead at the end of the saturday day game. Then lost it to the Americans at night in which the Americans had the lead at the 11pm stand down. Then both sides fought to controll the field for most of the sunday day game, the control flowing accross the field in both directions, with the Japanese ending up only slightly ahead. It truly came down to the final battle where the Japanese capture 2 of the 3 objectives.

The Final Score:
Japan: 709
USA: 502

History was not rewritten by this event.

I still have some Patches and T-Shirts available for sale.
Tshirts are $15 each + shipping - T-shirts are Black and only available in XL
Patches are $5 including shipping (I'll just put it in an envelope and mail it out)

The EMR Proshop has some left as well.

Please PM me via the forum software or email me at equalsp_AT_anation.com (replace the '_AT_' with @) for more information.

thanks again everyone!

=P

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive