mcarterbrown.com  

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yea, i hope this goes through, but if it doesn't i hope he learns his lesson. no offense to the guy but that was pretty shoddy promoting. especially if he only posted it on pbn...
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
If I was not going to be out of town this weekend I would be going. I would love to play in an OSC event.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
scphantom9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

Registration being extended. Teams can now register on the day of the event. They must pay cash though.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Nw Osc Promoter

As the promoter of the Nw OSC series, I must step in to defend myself, I began organizing pump meetings for around 2 years now, This season is my first attempt at running a series targeted at the pump audience. I began by contacting many fields to try and arrange an affordable series, i also talked to many possible sponsers to help out with the prizes for theses events. I personally have spent almost $500 of my own money to Make and print flyers, set-up a website for pump players to access, Send flyers to all the participating fields, and have also been to many big-games to help get the word out to other pump players. I am not a multi-million dollar company promoting a tournament series, i am a normal person with a normal job trying to bring back old times, times when paintball wasnt who had the most money to fuel high dollar markers and attitudes. If anyone has any ideas that may help me to better organize these events, please bring them forward or feel free to e-mail me at: mark@nwpumpplayers.com

Thank you everyone for allowing me to explain myself.

Mark Bowman (NWPP Organizer)
oballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
WGP whore

I wish I had seen this sooner and wasnt having to find a place to live this weekend because I'd love to do it.

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

sorry i didn't mean to come off as bashing you or whatnot, but we hear about the other series usually few months before and the organizer usually ups them keeping them on the first page.

with that said, i kind of know where you're coming from, our school tried to organize a tournament (ncpa) and that was much more of a hassle than we thought, and very time consuming, and after all of that people backed out at the last minute.

i really do appreciate the fact you spent money and time, and always know that you have group of pumpers in the area that would be more than happy to help spread the word and such (we even get free copies from our school )
Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I really wish i was doing this to make money, but i would rather see pump play make a comeback!! I have to be crazy to drive 5 hours to put on a tournament for 3 teams. I am just lucky that i have an ex-pro player to make the drive with me.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ah well i appreciate what you are doing for our sport! definitely hit me up if you need help with the next event. uw visits a few fields regularly, and i know i'm a pump addict
Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

oballer,

I posted on the PBN thread an idea to attract more teams. Just an idea. But if us players can get a little bit more advance notice, it would help out tremendously. We all appreciate what you are doing.

If you get the ball rolling early, we'll be able to really help push it too! Dead Body Crew, a large group of pump players that frequent Danger Zone didn't even find out about the tournament until Monday of this week! Wasn't enough time for them to throw a team together. Last tournament, they had two or three teams.

As it is now, I'm offering to loan pump markers to people and set them up with others so that we'll at least have a 4th team on the field.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I am also looking to help out another team, i offered transportation to any oregon team that would like to make the trip- offer is still up to any oregon team-or southern Washington

Someone should take me up on it!!

Last edited by oballer; 05-14-2009 at 10:52 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive