mcarterbrown.com  

Tournament Archive Ongoing archives of tournaments in the years past.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You realize it's supposed to be a tournament series and not back yard outlaw ball, right?
And that means what exactly?

Sorry, but I don't follow tournaments, and I don't play in them. If you have something to say just don't assume everyone reading this "realizes" what a tournament series is supposed to be.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Oh, one thing that also might help the games run smoother is a visual schedule. For the last tourny i had no idea when we were playing. Also, try spacing the games out a bit better. There was a point where we had back to back games, had a game off, then went right back out for another game.

~ NH Origin ~ NEPL Pump

~ MARQ 6 FS/T

Check out my brother's band, Skull Hammer.
jk_6109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_6109 View Post
Oh, one thing that also might help the games run smoother is a visual schedule. For the last tourny i had no idea when we were playing. Also, try spacing the games out a bit better. There was a point where we had back to back games, had a game off, then went right back out for another game.
I believe that was the issue from the field's staff. I agree with you but at the same time we got to play a lot of paintball and had time to make it home for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jingles View Post
As I understand it, the field owner agreed to HOST the tournament, not run it...Mike( the field owner) expected all scoring, roster stuff, and game schedules to be done by the GL staff. I'm also pretty sure this was agreed upon before hand as well.

Might want to think of having someone from the GL do all of that stuff, as opposed to someone from the field hosting it...I know Buddy and Mike weren't too happy with that, to say the least.

I wasnt saying this. This is a separate issue from what JK brought up. All he said was games were too fast, and the people who were running it ran them fast....which was the field staff. What you've stated is an entirely separate issue that should probably be addressed in private.

Ebay Feedback

Last edited by RCasna; 09-14-2009 at 05:41 PM.
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post
I believe that was the issue from the field's staff. I agree with you but at the same time we got to play a lot of paintball and had time to make it home for dinner.
As I understand it, the field owner agreed to HOST the tournament, not run it...Mike( the field owner) expected all scoring, roster stuff, and game schedules to be done by the GL staff. I'm also pretty sure this was agreed upon before hand as well.

Might want to think of having someone from the GL do all of that stuff, as opposed to someone from the field hosting it...I know Buddy and Mike weren't too happy with that, to say the least.
Mr. Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post
I didnt really mind it too much. I was pretty tired, but still able to play. Its just that we had a 7 or 8 game break after playing those games close together. So after getting my heart pumping from all of the activity, and was just standing around, felt weird the next game (kind of like how if you started a run, then took a break, its very hard to start back up again).
All that being said, at least they gave us some time to get paint and were being too pushy about us holding things up.

~ NH Origin ~ NEPL Pump

~ MARQ 6 FS/T

Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_6109 View Post
I didnt really mind it too much. I was pretty tired, but still able to play. Its just that we had a 7 or 8 game break after playing those games close together. So after getting my heart pumping from all of the activity, and was just standing around, felt weird the next game (kind of like how if you started a run, then took a break, its very hard to start back up again).
All that being said, at least they gave us some time to get paint and were being too pushy about us holding things up.
as a side note, you should be my snapshooting drill partner.

Ebay Feedback
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

^any time you want to, i am game...

~ NH Origin ~ NEPL Pump

~ MARQ 6 FS/T

Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Snap shooting is great! Everyone should practice that.

First off, thanks for the pointers everyone. Please keep in mind this was only the second event, so we're learning at the same time. We're not professional tournament hosts yet. We're also not doing this for the money. Just trying to bring a needed style to the masses in New England. It was obviously needed in our area.

Couple of points:
Clearly defined schedule of events

Yup.. That would be great, but not knowing if it would work or even be accepted at first, we have to take it event by event. Seeing that folks are enjoying what is being put on, etc, next year we can take a larger step into having fields sign up and get on board, and we can have an advanced and set schedule.

There should be specific criteria for the venues

Yeah... There should be... But we live in New England. The fields we might want to have might not be at that field, or be available for us to play on. This is limited pump, and honestly is a hard thing to sell at most fields. They usually don't want to close down a speedball field that might bring in a lot of paint sales, to run a limited paint game.

When we have enough teams and enough press, we can dictate what we want, but until then, we have to take what we can get. Baby steps, but I feel that we can get there.

Decisions? Either talk to Mark or Myself.

League rules need to be either enforced or dropped. I disagree. The league rules are enforced strictly but remember, Mark or myself make the decisions and we make the final call on the rules. Some rules we MUST be relaxed on. Clothing is the relaxed rule right now. The league is new. It's not like there were uniformed pump teams waiting for us to come along. Instead, we're taking the "build it and they will come" approach. Teams will come and go, but eventually we hope to be a staple event that teams will show up to, teams will be created for, and will get matching uniforms and jerseys.

The next event is coming up, and the team I play on is sitting this one out so we can run the event as best as we can. That decision was made long before the last game actually.

Hey, we want to play too!!! But we also know we need to run an event. Mark and I played on the fine line of playing so there was an extra team, and trying to run the event. Mark got to play, and I got to play.

Now with more and more teams showing up, I'm taking a step back and taking an active rule to run and ref the event.

The website should be up shortly also!

If you have any other questions, or comments, etc.. Please PM me directly as any help and assistance is welcomed!
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
The website should be up shortly also!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
If you have any other questions, or comments, etc.. Please PM me directly as any help and assistance is welcomed!
Will do.
http://i.imgur.com/hZGzo.png
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm not sure why my post was removed, but I guess it's not my call. Oh well.
Mr. Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments » Tournament Archive