-   Tournament Archive (
-   -   Nov 1 '09, Pumpkin Run ver 3.0 @Yankee Paintball CT (

Tugboater203 10-03-2009 09:19 AM

Nov 1 '09, Pumpkin Run ver 3.0 @Yankee Paintball CT
Copied from another forum with my iPhone.

Its that time of year again, Yankee Paintball in Oxford CT is hosting it 3rd annual Pumpkin Run. Its a 3-man Speed Ball event with two divisions rookie and novice. Rookie-ie. none to some tournament experience. Novice- Non semi-pro or pro teams, Experienced player. For more information/ Rules contact me here on the Nation or email me at make sure subject says Yankee Event. You can also go to the website to pre-register Welcome to Yankee Paintball

Entery is $50 before Oct. 25 after that its $65

Let me know your team's name, roster and what division your signing up for.

VendettaPaintball 10-03-2009 04:45 PM

what will you be using to make sure players are in their correct division?

Tugboater203 10-03-2009 08:12 PM

We're at best a local beginners tourny if someone is sandbagging we'll know.

VendettaPaintball 10-03-2009 09:49 PM

myself and 2 others have very little tournament experience, so on paper we are rookies, on every ranking system, we are rookies.

now, if our level of play is higher than a rookie, but our class is rookie, would you consider that sandbagging?

Tugboater203 10-03-2009 10:18 PM

No we try to go by tourny experience. We like to bill ourselves as a beginner tourny experience. Really you're only playing for trophies so why not get the most experience out of it and play to your best level.

VendettaPaintball 10-03-2009 10:20 PM

Just to add a 1st place to the resume.

sometimes people don't play to get experience... sometimes, they play to just wreck shop and make sure everyone knows who they are in the process.

Tugboater203 10-03-2009 10:38 PM

I can understand your concerns. In reality we are very lowkey and not really known for speedball. People come to us to get a tourny experince under their belts before they go to another tourny. If the answer to your question is do we check for sandbaggers, the answer is not really we just aren't at that level to attrack them. Even other fields send rookies and new novices just for the experience. If you are still concerned please contact Mike and he can perhaps explain our philosophy better.

VendettaPaintball 10-03-2009 11:30 PM

Im not concerned with the teams we will be playing against... im concerned that people will be upset with us for playing.

We are an un-ranked team (all are unranked players)

our first "real" event was EPL (regional series on the east coast)
where we were ranked "Beginner"(we should've played D6, but we chose to play D5), we were asked to guest for another team (it was a 3 man tourney) and we took home 1st, 1 of our players was never shot the entire day (left the field for the day without a spot of paint on him), 1 of our players was shot out twice, 1 of the players was shot out 4 times and the last guy was shot out 3 times.

we lost 1 game and we came back and beat them in 10 seconds in the next game.

We were looked down on for the entire event, as we were just rolling though people. We heard "SANDBAGGERS!!!" all day long, and in reality, we arent. We just practice hard and know where our strong and weak points are as players and as a team.

That is why I asked (on pbn) if we can play in both divisions.

Tugboater203 10-03-2009 11:50 PM

Well you were answered by Mike there. It sounds like novice is the place for your gang.

VendettaPaintball 10-03-2009 11:53 PM

which is why I want to make sure that when they sign up for rookie, there is 0 issue.

they are rookies.