mcarterbrown.com

Tournaments Upcoming Tournament Events and Paintball League Chat

Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exceeding Media Limits

SPPL Changes Hands

The SPPL is under new ownership as of March 7th, 2010. Billy Smith of Low Country Paintball has acquired the league from founder Jayson Nielson.

Regarding the acquisition, Jayson Neilson said “The SPPL is the premier Woodsball League in the world. There are many imitators but they will never be able to match the sportsmanship, fair play, and overall fun and simplicity of our 3 flag format. With events in five different countries and fields all across the US requesting local SPPL affiliates it is critical that my replacement not only be qualified to continue on with my vision but to grow that vision and take the SPPL to new heights.”

He went on to add “It is my opinion that there is no other person in the paintball industry more qualified to take over the SPPL than Billy Smith. Over the past six years that I’ve had the privilege to know and work with him, I have become a huge fan. He is one of the few individuals in this industry that really ‘gets’ the players. He works tirelessly to provide them with the best venues and experiences possible.

If you’ve ever had the opportunity to attend any of his events or meet him, then you know what I’m talking about. He is truly an amazing asset to the SPPL and the players should be excited for what’s next. Not only will he be able continue my vision for the SPPL, he’ll be able to add to it in so many more ways than I have ever been able to do.”

The 2010 season will continue with the same rules, venues and events that Mr. Nielson has scheduled. Mr. Smith will be at the SoCal event scheduled for March 27th-28th at Camp Pendelton near San Diego, California.

For more information, check out Scenario Paintball Players League .

ShootingHotMagazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
MOwiN MuPPeTs

i was at the field when they announced it... been playing at loco for 4 years now. Glad it went to billy
Emagger is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments